Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 01:26 PM

424 posts, read 1,379,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
I've always been very happy with Verizon. They have good rates, many offices located all over Boise (I use the one on 17th & State across from Albertson's) and have a huge coverage area. If you go into one of their offices and look at a coverage map, it's pretty amazong. Too: in four years with them I can count the number of dropped calls I've had on one hand; I hear Sprint is notorious for dropped calls.
Strange as I have never had one. Of course as mentioned above it also depends on where you use it. If you are just looking for service around the treasure valley and along the major highways it does just fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2012, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,068 times
Cricket actually has great service here in Boise. They are by far the best value considering the price and what you get. I often have service while my friends who have sprint and verizon don't. There's also no contracts which is awesome for flexibility. To find out more about it I always use my empire wireless stores in Boise. [url]http://www.boisecellphone.com[/url]

Old 04-20-2012, 07:04 PM

424 posts, read 1,379,086 times
However Cricket is NOT the phone you want to have if you travel. Either way, thread is more than 2 years old, so moot point.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:18 PM

1 posts, read 1,897 times
Just moved to Boise. Went with T-Mobile, terrific price package. We can't get ANY bars where we live in Boise. Great phone, nice people, but useless since we can't use the phones, so we will be cancelling and, based on recommendations here, are going to give Verizon a try.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:01 AM

46 posts, read 134,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySarah View Post
Just moved to Boise. Went with T-Mobile, terrific price package. We can't get ANY bars where we live in Boise. Great phone, nice people, but useless since we can't use the phones, so we will be cancelling and, based on recommendations here, are going to give Verizon a try.
We are with Tmobile and have had similar issues, sometimes in the heart of Boise! We are in the process of moving to Verizon.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:59 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,469,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redalicat View Post
We are with Tmobile and have had similar issues, sometimes in the heart of Boise! We are in the process of moving to Verizon.
Interesting. My parents both have Tmobile and have for years, and they are real estate agents and property managers, so they not only go all over town, but they are also on their phones at least 10 -12 hours a day, and they very rarely drop a call, and even less frequently is it due to lack of signal. Usually it is a phone problem. They have a good, strong signal pretty much all over the valley. I know one place they lose calls is in the back of Lowe's. I don't know if it is too much metal nearby, or all the thick walls, or what, but they do lose signal in there.

Old 10-27-2012, 09:53 AM

46 posts, read 134,635 times
Could be our phones, they are ancient. However, we've had T-mobile when we were in California, too, and had similar problems up and down that state, including a delay of up to 24 hours on notification of a voice mail and our phones not even registering receiving a call, just saying we missed it although the ringer was turned on. Since we use them for business as well (like your relatives), it's just too much of a problem consistently. We're getting new phones shortly, so hopefully our woes will be resolved.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:12 PM

284 posts, read 611,701 times
I was visiting the Boise area last week and my AT&T iPhone had wonderful service all around the area. It was actually better there than here at home in Alabama.

Old 11-01-2012, 09:03 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,896,892 times
AT&T for sure.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:26 PM

13 posts, read 30,275 times
I'm on the south side of Nampa and T-Mobile was absolutely terrible out here.

Recently switched to Straight Talk with one of their phones that uses the Verizon network and I couldn't be happier. It works really great!

Keep in mind that Straight Talk uses all 4 of the major carriers and it depends which phone you select as to which carrier/towers will be used. The reps at Straight Talk can help explain this but basically it's like this: Look at the small, number code (in a rectangular box) at the lower left hand corner on the front of the packaged phone. This will tell you the type of cellular technology and the carrier/towers that this particular phone from Straight Talk will use.
i.e.: I bought the Samsung Proclaim and in the very lower left corner are the letters: CDMA-V
which means CDMA technology using the Verizon network.

I wanted one that used Verizon towers, since they supposedly have the most towers. It works really well.
AND
$45 unlimited everything (3G), no contract, no activation fee.

You can also bring over your existing phone to use on Straight Talk if you like.

hope this is helpful.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: