Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2008, 02:12 AM

48 posts, read 171,300 times

Advertisements

Hi, Just wondering how much snow Boise gets. Anyone familiar with SLC knows we have killer (and seemingly endless!) winters, about 50-60" per season. I heard Boise doesn't get as much snow but still quite a bit. How about Mountain Home? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 10:23 AM

993 posts, read 3,255,670 times
My brother was stationed at Mountain Home AFB in the old days.
He told me " You know why that AFB is in Mountain Home, WIND..
Wind helps with lift of those big old Jets"
I loved Mountain Home schools when we checked them out last June. Very Nice schools.
Every new house we looked at had shingles missing from the roofs, wind...
The air was nice and clean...
Much less snow that SLC and the houses were more affordable.
Bring some kites...

Old 10-18-2008, 10:38 AM

5 posts, read 23,118 times
Default Snow

I have lived in Boise all my life except for 7 years when I lived in SLC, UT. The weather in Boise is just about identical to SLC, except for the amount of snow. For the past ten years in Boise except for last year, snow has been pretty minimal. Maybe an inch or two here and there that usually melts off in a few days. Last year I actually had to get out the snow shovel to clear the driveway about 5 tmes during the winter. Since we got a few inches each day or every other day for about a week.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:50 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,215,104 times
Average snowfall for Boise was 21. 4 inches. Last year we had more snow than usual, approximately 31 inches. Typically it doesn't stick around that long and the roads are well maintained. In the 5.5 years we've been here, I've only seen the airport close once, and it wasn't because of snow, it was because of some unusal thick fog.

Old 11-03-2008, 05:08 PM

6 posts, read 31,858 times
snow isnt too bad it usually melts during the day but then at night you get black ice. most of downtown is ok because of ice melters but any round that isnt a very busy road can have it. usually in the shallow groves in the road from where cars drive. so when ice is a concern i try to drive "off center" and that helps a little but just be careful.

ABS has saved my butt more times then i can count. i wont ever have a car again without it

Old 11-07-2008, 06:54 PM

6 posts, read 26,091 times
Not to worry...the county road people keep what ever snow falls (not much), occationally it may accumulate up a few inches but when the sun comes out the next morning it melts. We have a really moderate winter.
Mountain Home rarely gets much snow...it may blow a little snow but it rarely stays on the ground for long. I lived at Mountain Home AFB for 3 years 97-2000 and yes it is a bit windy but the town is very very cozy. I am a realtor in the Boise Area and have noticed more and more people considering living there and communting because the community is so wonderful. I still know tons of folks there and will always because they are terrific.

Yes it is more affordable than Boise but the property doesn't generally appreciate as much. Hope this helps...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: