Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:44 AM

2,754 posts, read 6,101,409 times

Advertisements

Yeah, Peak: the true Historic North End is what I was talking about, which is basically only a few blocks east and west of Harrison; look it up if you want. It's the 83702 zip code. I'm at 19th and Ada and that is basically smack dab in the middle.
As far as Desk's claim on the $995 for a 3 br rental. I'm sure you will find that is outside the REAL north end and is prolly as far out west as 36th or so. See my previous post for more elaboration on North End deception by realtors.
And as far as saying rentals should not exist. Wah? What about people who own several peoperties and CHOOSE to rent them out. You must remember that a rental is NOT a sign of a house being unable to sell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 06:47 PM

1,402 posts, read 3,364,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerBoy View Post
Yeah, Peak: the true Historic North End is what I was talking about, which is basically only a few blocks east and west of Harrison; look it up if you want. It's the 83702 zip code. I'm at 19th and Ada and that is basically smack dab in the middle.
As far as Desk's claim on the $995 for a 3 br rental. I'm sure you will find that is outside the REAL north end and is prolly as far out west as 36th or so. See my previous post for more elaboration on North End deception by realtors.
And as far as saying rentals should not exist. Wah? What about people who own several peoperties and CHOOSE to rent them out. You must remember that a rental is NOT a sign of a house being unable to sell.

Maybe you didn't see that I mentioned I live in the Northend too, but I will forgive you. Just for clarification the true historic district is much larger than a few blocks East and West of Harrison Boulevard and the 83702 zip code covers a huge area; downtown and the Northend and the areas near the Northend that are not in the historic boundaries and also includes the Foothills above the Northend, so 83702 is not just for a few blocks in the Historic District. There is the Harrison Boulevard Historic District and the Hyde Park Historic District all intertwined with the Northend Historic District.

Here is a map from the city website showing the Northend Historic District boundaries which stretch from downtown to Hill Road and from Reserve Street to 27th Street.
With the exception of a few blocks or homes here and there the whole area in the map is built out with historic homes.

http://www.cityofboise.org/Image/Ima.../page11083.gif

So, you live at 19th and Ada?

This look familier? Click the link and then click on the red "a"

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=...title&resnum=1

Last edited by TohobitPeak; 07-22-2009 at 07:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area