Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2009, 07:37 PM

6 posts, read 22,527 times

Advertisements

Hi, Future Neighbors! We're midwesterners moving to Boise. Can anyone give me the real scoop on Catholic grade schools? Are they academically competitive with public schools? Of the Catholic schools, which has the best academic reputation, facilities, funding, etc? Thanks in advance for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 12:02 AM

150 posts, read 580,502 times
This area is not very Catholic like where I am from Chicagoland.
On Cole and Northview there is St. Mark's Catholic school and as for the highschool there is Bishop Kelly (but from what I heard BK is a big party school but I am not sure).

There are just Christian schools that are really good academically. My husband went to Cole Valley Christian school and he was studying things in grade school that I was studying in highschool.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:20 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,363,790 times
The Catholic religion is one of the largest and most deeply rooted faiths in Boise and I have heard that St. Josephs Elementary Catholic school downtown next to the Catherdal is the best of the church ran elementary schools in Boise. This is the word from friends who have children attending this school. Here's the website.

St. Joe's Catholic School - Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle School Education - Boise, Idaho

St. Maries is also supposed to be a great school.

Intro

There are others in Boise outside of downtown but I am not really familier with them. From what I have heard though the vine is that both of the schools I have listed are the best Catholic elementary schools in the city are great alternatives to public school.

Here is the main website which lists all of the Catholic schools in Boise, and the rest of the state.

http://www.catholicidaho.org/

Old 01-04-2009, 08:10 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
The Catholic religion is one of the largest and most deeply rooted faiths in Boise and I have heard that St. Josephs Elementary Catholic school downtown next to the Catherdal is the best of the church ran elementary schools in Boise. This is the word from friends who have children attending this school. Here's the website.

St. Joe's Catholic School - Kindergarten, Elementary, Middle School Education - Boise, Idaho

St. Maries is also supposed to be a great school.

Intro

There are others in Boise outside of downtown but I am not really familier with them. From what I have heard though the vine is that both of the schools I have listed are the best Catholic elementary schools in the city are great alternatives to public school.

Here is the main website which lists all of the Catholic schools in Boise, and the rest of the state.

Catholic Idaho -- Roman Catholic Diocese of Boise

I'll ditto that. I've heard the same, but wanted to wait to see if anyone else would respond with the same answer.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:53 PM

6 posts, read 22,527 times
Thanks so much for your responses. We'll check out St. Joe's for our little ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area