Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2012, 12:42 PM

78 posts, read 194,421 times

Advertisements

I am sold on the city of Boise, and can not wait to leave overcrowded, hot, humid, dry, and expensive Austin, TX.
I am hoping this post will find someone who knows someone that can help me get a foot in the door at an A+ dealership, or really busy independent Car repair facility.
I really want to live in the north west for the rest of my life, and from all the research I have done it is apparent that Boise is the spot.
* I have 14 years experience in every aspect of auto mechanics.. including some management.
For those who will understand this. I am used to flagging 60 to 90 hrs per week at the Ford Dealership I am at now as a Used Car Tech. Current flag rate is $18.50.

Thanks in advance
Michael
512-940-5011
txranger19@gmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2012, 11:52 AM

82 posts, read 238,767 times
Question Any Insight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by txranger19 View Post
I am sold on the city of Boise, and can not wait to leave overcrowded, hot, humid, dry, and expensive Austin, TX.

Hello, just wondering if you have any insight on other parts of Texas...we have considered outside (meaning not real close, like 30 miles or so out) of Dallas/Fort Worth area... and it seems like the housing is expensive for what your actually getting...meaning no basement.....and the taxes are high...do you have any comment on this....
We would like to find a place to relocate that has a decent economy, decent weather...mild...not an extreme of hot or extreme of cold.....and isn't in the middle of nowhere.....like parts of CO seem like....

Why does Boise seem like the place for you?

What are taxes like in Boise?

What is a nice town outside of Boise....were not city people..thats not in the middle of no where....?

What is the weather like in Boise? whats your typical summer and winter like?

Are people genuine?

Is there anything against "Yankees" like you get in the South.....?

Thanks in advance to any insight you can share......

Old 12-18-2012, 01:46 AM

19 posts, read 70,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosgreat View Post
Hello, just wondering if you have any insight on other parts of Texas...we have considered outside (meaning not real close, like 30 miles or so out) of Dallas/Fort Worth area... and it seems like the housing is expensive for what your actually getting...meaning no basement.....and the taxes are high...do you have any comment on this....
We would like to find a place to relocate that has a decent economy, decent weather...mild...not an extreme of hot or extreme of cold.....and isn't in the middle of nowhere.....like parts of CO seem like....

Why does Boise seem like the place for you?

What are taxes like in Boise? Not bad sales tax is 6% INCOME tax could be lower folks had a place they paid 4000 a year on in taxes I believe it was valued at 400k or so

What is a nice town outside of Boise....were not city people..thats not in the middle of no where....?
Define middle of nowhere? meridian, eagle, nampa caldwell are all less than half an hour from boise

What is the weather like in Boise? whats your typical summer and winter like? Summer is fine usually 90s and sunny. Winter we get some snow (6inch or less usually an inch or two) can be cold (teens and twenties etc)

Are people genuine? people are awesome here!

Is there anything against "Yankees" like you get in the South.....? no just californians lol (I'm one myself)

Thanks in advance to any insight you can share......

Original poster-lots of ford dealers here and they seem to stay busy (wiebold in nampa is the best overall lithia is good to) not sure about pay and hours though but living cost will help either way
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area