Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 11,300 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at the possibility of moving to Boise in the next month or so. I really want to live in downtown and I REALLY want a loft apartment. I don't want some fancy expensive condo. I want a bare walls, old building....you know the lofts that all the pretty people on TV shows live in. Does anyone know if there are any lofts for rent downtown? Where should I go to look online, or who should I call?

Thanks,

Brett

Last edited by Brett Martin; 04-06-2009 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: Clarification
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 10:42 AM

2,684 posts, read 6,884,600 times
The Idanha is on 10th street. It is cheap, and right downtown.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:59 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,895,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Martin View Post
I'm looking at the possibility of moving to Boise in the next month or so. I really want to live in downtown and I REALLY want a loft apartment. I don't want some fancy expensive condo. I want a bare walls, old building....you know the lofts that all the pretty people on TV shows live in. Does anyone know if there are any lofts for rent downtown? Where should I go to look online, or who should I call?

Thanks,

Brett
If you were ready to buy there are several newly renovated historic buildings with lofts and condos for sale, but as far as renting there is as mentioned the Idanha on 10th Street, the Idaho Building on 8th Street, and several other old buildings and old mansions with lofts and apartments scattered around downtown and into the Northend.
There is a really nice old building next to the Assay office downtown but I can't think of its name.
Try this link for some info---www.parklaneco.com

Old 04-07-2009, 05:28 PM

310 posts, read 1,282,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
The Idanha is on 10th street. It is cheap, and right downtown.

and haunted

Old 04-08-2009, 10:34 AM

314 posts, read 1,217,578 times
I know of some fantastic-looking downtown loft-style condos for sale. They are right off the I184 and are within walking distance of Downtown or the greenbelt. They have a NEW modern look, not old industrial loft look (with exposed bricks, hardwood floors, etc.).

There's also some nice modern apartments for rent, on grove street I believe? They are slight south of the Blue Sky Bagel shop..they look pretty cool.
CW Moore Apartments Apartments For Rent in Boise, Idaho - Apartment Rental and Community Details - ForRent.com

If you want old industrial lofts, aka EAST COAST style, well, good luck finding that here.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:58 AM

341 posts, read 1,018,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarndyce View Post
I know of some fantastic-looking downtown loft-style condos for sale. They are right off the I184 and are within walking distance of Downtown or the greenbelt. They have a NEW modern look, not old industrial loft look (with exposed bricks, hardwood floors, etc.).
Do you know if any of those Conos are still available and on the market ?

Old 07-09-2010, 09:58 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,681,481 times
Lots of them are. Some went to auction because no one was buying them. Not sure what they sold for, but I do know most of the downtown condos were 350k+.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:05 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,362,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Do you know if any of those Conos are still available and on the market ?
If you are referring to the Cityside Lofts then there are some still on the market. A friend of mine bought a unit there last fall and it is a really nice building, but right where the Connector drops into downtown, and you are close to the river, but really any place downtown is close to the river. I was and am looking there for an investment property and am still debating.

I am signed up for alerts from a local website that lists all of the condo units for sale in downtown Boise and received an email yesterday saying that sales are picking up, even in the more expensive high end condo buildings scattered around downtown. The alert mentioned that a lot of condo's have sold in the past few months and a fair number of closings are pending, so this might be a good time to buy, before prices maybe go up.

I have noticed that the Cityside is one of the few affordable buildings, because most of the other locations are over $300,000 and all the way up to $3,500,000 in The Aspen.
PM me if you want the link to the website that lists the units for sale around downtown.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:16 PM

1,056 posts, read 2,681,481 times
The Cityside Lofts (and the Grant St. condos) are the most affordable, but are really in a crappy location, if you ask me, right off Myrtle/the Connector and 13th, which gets really clogged up. Those toward the back might not be so bad, but in my opinion both of those places are terrible locations.

There is no easy pedestrian access to downtown because you're cut off by Myrtle and Front St, and you're really close to the homeless sanctuary and the skatepark - where everyone knows there are tons and tons of homeless all the time.

Moreover, the River Plaza Apartments does not have the highest class of renters there...

I looked at properties on 14th and River and decided against it because it's a sketchy area that likely won't hold much value. It is close to the river and greenbelt, though.

The other condos - Aspen, Royal Plaza, and the Jefferson are in great locations but are way, way overpriced. It's my theory that most people move or live in Boise because they like having space, a yard, and quiet. Those that want to live downtown are a much younger demographic that likely cannot afford a 350k+ condo, and/or older residents that can, but are more part time residents of Boise.

I've followed the condo market and I've heard it's been "picking up" for about a year and a half now. But maybe it is, comparatively. Some of the condo websites have or had blogs that said so much...

Old 07-10-2010, 02:46 PM

341 posts, read 1,018,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TohobitPeak View Post
I was and am looking there for an investment property and am still debating.
That's more-or-less my situation, except that on down the line I would occupy the property myself as my residence.
Do any of you know if Idaho or Boise have legal prohibitions or other restrictions preventing non-Idaho residents from buying Idaho R/E ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area