Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 02:40 PM

88 posts, read 327,372 times

Advertisements

So I think (fingers crossed) we have found a house (again!). This is our 7th attempt and we have inspection tomorrow. However, this one looks to be in pretty good condition so I don't anticipate this one to fall through like the last one did. Anyway... since it looks like we will be living in Eagle I was wondering if any forum members had tips on good churches in the area. We will be off of Eagle Road just south of the river.

I can only tell you that I attended a Southern Baptist church back in Texas and loved it but I am open to other denominations as long as they are truly Bible based and hope you can identify something similar here in the area. I don't mind driving to a good one so even if it is outside Eagle and is in Meridian or Boise I will go!

I am looking for:
Bible based teaching
Contemporary worship (aka Chris Tomlin, Kari Jobe, Matt Redman style music ... guitars, bass, drums, etc.)
Humble, approachable yet charistmatic experienced pastor with in depth knowledge of Bible (not in your face hellfire and brimstone type stuff!... no offense intended!)
Good nursery (for infant) and also a Cubbies (affilidated with Awana) or other Bible based children's church program for age 3+
An associated MOPS group (or recommendation for one)
Medium to Large-ish size congregation. Not sure about Mega church b/c I don't want to get lost in the shuffle
Good community outreach programs
Friendly congregation that will reach out to newcomers

Hope this is a broad enough description!

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2009, 05:58 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,785,934 times
Wink Instead of repeating my answer from Maui08s' thread

I'll attach my post from June here: //www.city-data.com/forum/9314755-post3.html

I believe that Capital Christian Center in Meridian mentioned in my post is a good one for your family to try out or maybe even Eagle Christian on Hwy 44/State St in Eagle might also meet your families' needs !

Good luck on the 7th house !

Old 07-11-2009, 10:26 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,442,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbd6805 View Post
So I think (fingers crossed) we have found a house (again!). This is our 7th attempt and we have inspection tomorrow. However, this one looks to be in pretty good condition so I don't anticipate this one to fall through like the last one did. Anyway... since it looks like we will be living in Eagle I was wondering if any forum members had tips on good churches in the area. We will be off of Eagle Road just south of the river.

I can only tell you that I attended a Southern Baptist church back in Texas and loved it but I am open to other denominations as long as they are truly Bible based and hope you can identify something similar here in the area. I don't mind driving to a good one so even if it is outside Eagle and is in Meridian or Boise I will go!

I am looking for:
Bible based teaching
Contemporary worship (aka Chris Tomlin, Kari Jobe, Matt Redman style music ... guitars, bass, drums, etc.)
Humble, approachable yet charistmatic experienced pastor with in depth knowledge of Bible (not in your face hellfire and brimstone type stuff!... no offense intended!)
Good nursery (for infant) and also a Cubbies (affilidated with Awana) or other Bible based children's church program for age 3+
Medium to Large-ish size congregation. Not sure about Mega church b/c I don't want to get lost in the shuffle

Thanks in advance!
A friend of mine goes to a church off of Chinden I believe has a great out reach program from what I hear. Maybe someone on here will know the name or I can find out for you. It is non-denominational I believe.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:44 PM

17 posts, read 42,800 times
Default Bible Based Church

I came from a good Baptist church and recently moved also. I was very happy with the Calvary Chapel churches all over that I have attended. They work their way through a book in the bible, verse by verse. I think they alternate between Old and New Testament, too, which I like. They are very humble, do a lot of community outreach, great classes (Two I just took: discovering your spiritual gifts, and discovering how to use your gifts in the church and in the community).

Happy church hunting!

Old 07-11-2009, 09:57 PM

Thanks for suggestions so far.

Does anyone have experience with Ustick Baptist? They have the AWANA program I am looking for (Puggles and Cubbies).

Is Calvary Chapel the same at Calvary Baptist? Sorry for the confusion. Also, I found Calvary Chapel Treasure Valley too? Are they all the same?

Thanks!

Old 07-12-2009, 02:14 PM

306 posts, read 1,247,715 times
Quote:
Thanks for suggestions so far.

Does anyone have experience with Ustick Baptist? They have the AWANA program I am looking for (Puggles and Cubbies).

Is Calvary Chapel the same at Calvary Baptist? Sorry for the confusion. Also, I found Calvary Chapel Treasure Valley too? Are they all the same?

Thanks!
Utsick Baptist is a great church.
Our boys go to Awana there and they love it.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:41 PM

Thanks Alley! How big is the congregation? Do they have a children's message at the beginning?

Old 07-26-2009, 12:04 AM

17 posts, read 42,800 times
Calvary Chapel, although not Baptist, is a bible teaching church. Once again, their mission is to teach people the bible (in their sermons and their sunday schools). I think it is great as they go step by step through the bible rather than picking and choosing verses. Also some "Baptist" churches can be very "fundemental" and sometimes focus on "salvation" but not on growing in the Lord and discipleship. Having gone to several Baptist churches, I can say I truly am happy with Calvary Chapel churches across the US, as they are all the same and I know each one I attend will have the same type of teaching, unlike Baptists, which can be very different from state to state.

Calvary Chapel can be found by going to "calvarychapel.com" if you are interested in finding out about this wonderful church and it's programs.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:05 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,442,384 times
Quote:

I am looking for:
Bible based teaching

Thanks in advance!
The Vineyard off of Chinden.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:55 PM

2 posts, read 4,737 times
Me and my wife are looking for a church in the area too right now.

You may want to check out the Pursuit. They are just off of Chinden and Eagle near the Y (and Burger King). Their pastor is a knowledgeable guy with a great heart, and the worship team is great.

I have also heard great things about Vineyard and we are going to go check them out soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area