Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 03:30 PM

69 posts, read 226,675 times

Advertisements

Anyone here a part of one of the bagpipe bands in Boise area?
My husband and daughter (15) are part of the band here in Salem and we need to live somewhere they can keep that going! I made contact, but havent heard back yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 11:44 PM

3,109 posts, read 10,843,476 times
We have a friend in Boise who is a tenor drummer for the Boise Highlanders. They are Idaho's oldest and largest pipe band. bagpipe band, Scottish, bagpipers, pipers - Home

If this is who you contacted...give it time, or try again. They're a good group of folks...

Old 01-20-2010, 12:39 AM

thanks Sage, looking forward to talking with them, found another group up in Lewiston area Border Highlanders. Now my 7 yro wants to play the chanter (first step of piping). 3 pipers (and one NON piper - Me, lol) in a 1000 sq foot home, now thats enough to drive anyone crazy. Havent got enough courage to join em yet tho. LOL

Old 01-20-2010, 02:26 AM

Well, Lewiston is several hours from you, so the Boise band is probably a better bet. My wife is a piper, but has the Technopipes since she can use her iPod earbuds and nobody else has to hear it. It also saves her lungs since (as you all know) you can only practice for so long on the chanter.

Fagerstrom Techopipes - Electronic Great Highland Bagpipe and Smallpipe

Old 01-20-2010, 09:58 AM

Sage,
Yeah, those have been on his (read: MY) wishlist for sometime now, what a fabulous invention!
As to location, we havent made our final destination decision, as it is based on his employment responses. We are looking at Boise, Lewiston, Sandpoint, and Idaho Falls area. But so far leaning towards Lewiston or Boise. We like the panhandle the best really, and I love the looks and "sounds" of the town of Sandpoint in particular, but not sure we are up to the winter conditions, as we have been coasties or almost for the last 20 years!
And we did find the band info in sandpoint as well. Albeni Falls, is that the group your wife is a part of?

Old 01-20-2010, 01:08 PM

DM sent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area