Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2010, 02:15 PM

4 posts, read 6,310 times

Advertisements

I am moving to NE Meridian in April and need your recommendation for a cable / satellite TV company and internet service. Is there anything I should know about living in Meridian, good or bad. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2010, 03:42 PM

4 posts, read 6,909 times
Default Info for Ron

Ron, I have Cable One for internet and cable. I have two standard cable boxes and one HD/DVR box. I have the extended cable with HD. I also rent the cable modem. The current monthly bill is $135.
I have been pretty happy with their service. A few months ago, I called in a problem with my modem. They sent a technician later that day.

Of course you can get Direct TV or Dish Network for satellite service.
As far as internet, you can also get it through Qwest (phone company) and there is a new wireless internet company. (I haven't heard anything about it as far as cost or reliability.)

Good luck with your move. Meridian is a pretty good place to live, maybe not the most exciting place in the world. But sometimes that's good.

If you need any more info, just let me know. I've been here (in Merdian) for about 9 years.

Roy

Old 02-18-2010, 05:07 PM

4 posts, read 6,310 times
Roy...Thanks for the information. My wife and I are excited to move from the DFW area to a nice clean town like Meridian. At my age I don't need too much excitement, what I need is a clean and safe place to live so I can enjoy the mountains, fishing and camping. I lived in Pocatello for a number of years but was transferred to Texas so I feel like I am coming home.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:50 AM

424 posts, read 1,379,405 times
Honestly it depends on what you want out of your provider/service.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:06 PM

5 posts, read 24,862 times
I have Qwest for internet/phone. They also bill me for Directv. Crappy internet, overpriced tv. They are all the same.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:13 PM

424 posts, read 1,379,405 times
Qwest is great for I-net IF you don't have phone service with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: