Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 02:00 PM

46 posts, read 100,068 times

Advertisements

Anyone have an opinion on the growth taking place in Eagle right now? How about the proposed foothills development that will cause so many of the two lane rural roads to expand to 5?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 01:13 PM

4 posts, read 29,423 times
Urban sprawl is a mistake that cannot be reversed.

Stopping Sprawl Main Page - Sierra Club

Old 06-03-2007, 03:26 PM

110 posts, read 572,826 times
I don't live in Eagle, although we almost purchased a house there a few years ago. However we do drive through eagle a lot and traffic has become terrible in some of the roads, especially during rush hour. It seems like they built all of those subdivisions and forgot that people need to drive in and out of them!

Old 06-16-2007, 04:55 AM

46 posts, read 100,068 times
I agree... and they sure dont seem to be listening to thier citizens. Seems like it's in the news often, and yet the city doesnt hear them cry out to stop.
Sad. It was a nice little place once. Not anymore.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:07 AM

1,011 posts, read 3,094,408 times
Read this website:

Boise Guardian

I liken growth to cancer. People multiply, they spread, they destroy, and they move on the do the same to other places. Can it be stopped? No. It can be quelled, though, but only through serious changes in policy.

It's sad to watch what is happening to my home state. People are fleeing other places to come here to enjoy the many fine things we offer, yet they (purposefully or not) bring the very things they escape from with them! This isn't an indictment on those moving here in particular, but rather in aggregate. We simply cannot handle this much new growth without sacrificing everything that is nice about Boise and Idaho.

To those that want to move here: please don't ruin our home.
To those that do live here: do what you can to preserve what we have, and don't be complicit in growth and development.

I think we're at a critical point in our state's history, and we can very simply become another California or Western Washington, or we can resist the flood, and remain Idaho. Your choice.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:10 PM

341 posts, read 1,673,552 times
We are fleeing from where we are - not to change or bring our "escape things" - but for a better, quiet, more productive life - and in this great USA - unfortunately it is not in highly populated cities or states that we are fleeing from BUT in deeper parts of the country, where the sun shines, mountains sing, animal life walks - people can be back in touch with their families
HAve you ever lived in the rat race of a large city? where your everyday live is to just survive - well some of us have said "you know material things don't matter anymore, we don't need this mess, we want to breathe better, enjoy people more, enjoy life and our families - get back to the basics in life" those are the people you are seeing come your way...
It is not "our things" that cause development or expansion in a community but your local government - who wants to better the area for you - welcome those who want to come and balance from those that have left....
We would not come to Idaho if it wasn't for you, your land, and friendliness and way of life.
We do not want to come in and change a thing - BUT enjoy the beauty that you have and be your friend; some of us can be really nice people, fun, family and nature minded....
You will have new building going on as your youth gets older, marries, communities always expand - sometimes offering even the locals a newer way of life. Are not some Boise natives purchasing homes in these areas - or are they all out of towners?

I do not think Idaho will ever become another California or Western Washington - do you have large "silicone valley" companies moving in - in droves - are they soliciting and stripping your land to build large infrastructures - I haven't seen or heard of that - all I have heard is the "arts" are coming to town - a movie studio maybe - and you know the "arts are not all that bad" they bring creativity, talent, revenue into your area - in a much more productive way - in that they want to relish what you have to offer rather than change it. Think what that offers the youth of your area - to participate, understand the arts - there can never be enough of that -

Old 07-02-2007, 01:05 PM

72 posts, read 280,156 times
Default check out this blog for info

check out Phil Hoovers Real Estate Blog, Aka Boiseblog.com He has a whole article about the Eagle proposed expansion with alot of great information. Go to the Eagleblog.com link.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:11 PM

341 posts, read 1,673,552 times
Great website referral - thank you - read it -

Old 07-02-2007, 02:54 PM

1,378 posts, read 6,211,362 times
Great post LVGAZ, now if I would have said that I would have been attacked because I'm a real estate agent. So it's nice that someone else has stepped up to the plate, thank you.

Cool Blog but any agent can pull up that info for you any time of the day it's all in MLS, all you have to do is punch in the specifications and that info will come up, he's not calculating it himself. But for a quick glance it makes things easy.

Old 07-02-2007, 03:49 PM

72 posts, read 280,156 times
Default specific page

I don't know if you saw exactly what I was talking about, go to Boiseblog.com and go to the bottom of the page and hit page 2 and there is all the info I was trying to pass on to whoever is interested in Eagle info. There is alot of other info on his webpage and he tells it like it is, very straightforward. Enjoy!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
View detailed profiles of: