Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2010, 09:02 AM

31 posts, read 115,511 times

Advertisements

Hi Good folks of Idaho, we currently live in the Portland, OR area and are looking to moving to the Boise, ID area by May 2010. I have lived in Oregon since 1988 and loved it when I 1st came here. But now, at age 67 I just can't deal with the liberal politics high taxes, attitudes no eye contact and high unemployment anymore and we are looking for a change. I have read a lot on this board and man I got to tell ya, y'all sound like a great bunch of people and love your state. I like that. Me and the wife are Christian (Lutheran) but pretty normal everyday folks. We never have nor do we do drugs. (other then what the doctor prescribes at my age from the VA Hosp) we do a little drinking but not much and we do that at home. I have tried to sell all 6 homes I own here in Oregon but the economy is so bad that very little is selling so I'm down to living on Soc Sec is all so I will continue to rent them and hope I don't loose any because of the bad economy. I have been a Realtor since 1981 and probably will pick up my license in Boise Idaho to give me something to do. We will be living in our older motor home (1995) for awhile until we know where we want to rent/buy. I am on Soc Sec but my younger wife age 40 is not. She is Hispanic and the sweetest little gal you'd want to meet she loves everyone it seems. If you get her for a friend I'm sure you will like her. So the reason I bring it up is at here age she has to work. Now days I am trying to make our lives simpler and I hope I can do that in Boise. Can anyone suggest RV parks that may work for us for awhile? Things to do that will give us a good insight into Idahoan culture? Thanks so very much. By the way my politics are conservative and I have been most of my life and the name is Larry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2010, 02:33 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times
Talking Hi Larry :-) Welcome to City Data Forums (aka CDF)!

I am very partial to NW Boise / Eagle area and have known several folks who stayed at this RV Park : Hi Valley RV Park

I don't live there and people do 'snowbird' so the dynamics can and do change I'm sure throughout the year . But it is a fantastic area for a home base to check out Boise and the surrounding cities to see if this town would be a good fit for you and your wife .

Best wishes in your search !

Old 03-10-2010, 05:44 PM

31 posts, read 115,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I am very partial to NW Boise / Eagle area and have known several folks who stayed at this RV Park : Hi Valley RV Park

I don't live there and people do 'snowbird' so the dynamics can and do change I'm sure throughout the year . But it is a fantastic area for a home base to check out Boise and the surrounding cities to see if this town would be a good fit for you and your wife .

Best wishes in your search !
Thank you very much I will check it out.

Larry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area