Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 10:36 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,483,367 times

Advertisements

I've been thinking about this. If they like sports there's basketball and hockey games. What else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 11:31 AM

3,338 posts, read 6,894,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
West Boise would be nice. We have neighbors who chose to retire here. One couple from CA and the other OR. I would suggest to getting involved with a local church or the Welcome Club. It has been helpful to them. Also, they have grown children and grandchildren that they followed here. The couple from CA said adjusting to the cold winters and a lack of things to do have been the biggest challenge for them. Other then that they love it here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball6 View Post
"lack of things to do??".......have they given any examples??
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
If you're an older person who doesn't ski, what is there to do here in the winter?

You think the only thing to do is ski in the winter? The climate in the valley is often dry enough that a person can golf, ride a bike for excercise and I see many elderly doing both during winter. What else...there is the Symphony, Opera, Ballet, numerous acting companies, art galleries, museums, concerts....the list can go on....

Old 03-29-2010, 03:32 PM

1,573 posts, read 2,923,583 times
Well you all just do not know how to live down there in Boise. Tee Hee We have all kinds of things to do up here in Midvale through the long winters. Weiser too. Both have nice senior centers with activities a couple times a week. And Midvale has Bingo, Lions and lots of neighborly chit chat.

Sorry RVwife. I can not answer your living in Boise questions. Your post caught my eye because we also lived in Sacramento for many years. Give old CK McClatchy a wave for me.

Oh and as far as the cold. A 38 degree foggy day in sacto is NOTHING like a 38 degree winter day here. Much better here. It is not as damp and bone chilling here as in sacto. I can still remember going to bed with freezing feet and cold hands when we lived down there.

Chris

Old 03-29-2010, 04:23 PM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,485,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syringaloid View Post
You think the only thing to do is ski in the winter? The climate in the valley is often dry enough that a person can golf, ride a bike for excercise and I see many elderly doing both during winter. What else...there is the Symphony, Opera, Ballet, numerous acting companies, art galleries, museums, concerts....the list can go on....
Don't shoot the messenger and don't get angry. I'm just sharing what I heard. lol.....

Old 03-29-2010, 04:53 PM

3,338 posts, read 6,894,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pll View Post
Don't shoot the messenger and don't get angry. I'm just sharing what I heard. lol.....
Don't worry, you're not going to get shot and I'm not angry
A little sarcasm can be fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area