Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2010, 12:22 AM

449 posts, read 1,698,564 times

Advertisements

Our whole family loves using the library - one of us is there a few times a week. We've been spoiled by living near some awesome ones with lots of books, DVD's and CD-Roms, magazines, etc. and others that have very little or less variety.

Planning on moving and trying to find out about # of volumes, DVD's, etc. and how much funding is used for that library. It's one of our top priorities but I haven't been able to find the info anywhere.

Are there any sites out there where you can find out? Sometimes you can access the catalogue without a library card but that doesn't give you a complete picture. I know some places have a regional system in place where you can order from other local libraries, some don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 08:00 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,751,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmom View Post
Our whole family loves using the library - one of us is there a few times a week. We've been spoiled by living near some awesome ones with lots of books, DVD's and CD-Roms, magazines, etc. and others that have very little or less variety.

Planning on moving and trying to find out about # of volumes, DVD's, etc. and how much funding is used for that library. It's one of our top priorities but I haven't been able to find the info anywhere.

Are there any sites out there where you can find out? Sometimes you can access the catalogue without a library card but that doesn't give you a complete picture. I know some places have a regional system in place where you can order from other local libraries, some don't.
Is the place you want to move to listed in the local forums here on C-D? If so, I would post the question in that forum.

Old 06-28-2010, 02:26 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,997,564 times
Google

Old 07-05-2010, 06:17 PM

449 posts, read 1,698,564 times
Thanks for the suggestions. I found a great site which lists info on libraries around the world if anyone else is interested: Library Technology Guides: Key Resources in Library Automation then click on lib-web-cats on upper left. They show # service population, collection size and annual circulation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books