Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2016, 12:37 PM

15,595 posts, read 15,650,878 times

Advertisements

I was so tickled about this that I wanted to share it.

The Strand bookstore in New York has a little section of non-book merchandise. They originally just had canvas bags with their name (which, now that I think of it, they used to give out free at Christmastime), but now have a big selection, plus t-shirts, magnets, etc., all with sayings related to books and reading.

They've just come out now with their own spin on the political slogan: "Make America Read Again."

With shirt, caps, magnets, and buttons:
T-Shirt: Make America Read Again in New Arrivals! New Arrivals! at Strand Books

I just bought some buttons, and I'm going to be giving them to reader-friends.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 04:08 AM

522 posts, read 715,232 times
Haha at least Strand Bookstore is using that slogan righteously. Thanks for sharing. I will check it out.

Old 08-28-2016, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peony321 View Post
Haha at least Strand Bookstore is using that slogan righteously. Thanks for sharing. I will check it out.
It's fun - I've been wearing my "Make America Read Again" button, and people are enjoying it and commenting on it.

Old 08-29-2016, 06:02 AM

829 posts, read 410,848 times
Hi Cida,

Thanks for posting about the strandbooks website. They really have a nice selection of gifts on there for book lovers! My favorite was the slogan "A well-read woman is a dangerous creature". I definitely plan on ordering something with that slogan on it!

I know you started this as a separate thread...but I would also post it directly on the "What book are you reading thread?" They get a lot of traffic on that thread and maybe missed this thread...? I saw someone posted that it was the thread's 10 year anniversary today! Everyone should celebrate by ordering a "Make America Read Again" button!

Just a suggestion...thanks for posting!

Old 09-27-2016, 03:14 PM

I don't know if it's because of the debates or what, but I suddenly have strangers stopping me to tell me they love my button (on top of the people who loved it at the debate party).

Old 09-27-2016, 03:23 PM

1,399 posts, read 1,249,610 times
With a limited budget, I don't purchase as many books as I did previously. BUT when I do purchase a book, I always check Better World Books first because BWB donates to literacy.

Old 10-01-2016, 03:52 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,672,422 times
Well I certainly am hoping for a comeback of reading skills in America, I can't believe all the people who, over the years, have confessed a dislike for reading, they attribute it to a poor experience in their early education years. Our current political woes with regard to the upcoming election should be sufficient to alarm those who do read, and see through the ruse of our democracy being hijacked while thinking there is really some measure of hope from either of the two parties. An informed vote is the one that realizes the futility in voting..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books