Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2011, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,049 times

Advertisements

My Book Suggestion of the Week, the Bigbies by Tommy Sorrow

Shhhh ! Don’t tell anyone I’ve cheated on my twilight books ! When I was finished reading twilight I had nothing to read until…the BIGBIES !!! :P I’ve just finished the Bigbies Against the World and I thought it may be a good idea to suggest it to some people out there because i truly enjoyed the plot, the characters…everything. The author of this book is Tommy Sorrow and he created mystegrams !! If you don’t know what this is, check out his website [url]www.thebigbies.com[/url] I love the characters of his book and my favorite are Anemone because she is so evil spirited and Moogwaïïïïïïïï the alien with the three eyes!! I also love stuart and Donna they make a great couple and the end is SAD and EPIC

From the Bigbies official website, the story :

The Bigbies Against the World tells the story of a strange family living in a manor. However, the Bigbies are definitely not the kind of family you would expect to have as neighbors; the Bigbies are martians creatures trying to lead a life as normal as possible in a small town named Micyville. Although their trip to Earth could have been a vacation, the Bigbies have been sent to work, find a dangerous chest and fight the pale beings.

Archibald, the father, will quickly get sick while Victoria, the devoted mother, will try to keep the family united. Anemone, the evil daughter, is possessed by a curse and Stuart, the son, will desperately fall in love with Donna, the most famous actress on the island crushed by the pressure of her own fame. The Bigbies will have to fight for justice and be friends with Humans for better...or for worse.

this is the first book ever written with mystegrams according to the author !!

I bought my paperback copy of the book here :

http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/the-bigbies-against-the-world/15434829

but I’ve heard it is also available on Amazon for kindle here :

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WPW29Q

Read the book now so I can see if you have found the 12 mystegrams, be careful they are well hidden !!!! Post the mystegrams below if you found them even though it’s kinda hard
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 12:33 PM

713 posts, read 3,438,412 times
I got into a new series that is classified as a light novel even tho every book has over 200 pages in it...

The Book series is called Spice & Wolf by Isuna Hasekura. There are 16 books in the series but only the first 3 have been translated to English and published. Books 4 & 5 will be coming out later this year in the states. Its about a 25 year old traveling merchant who on his journeys finds a wolf harvest god and begins to fall in love with her. The books has a lot of economics put into it so at the same time you learn about how the economy worked back then. Also the vocabulary used in this series is very hard to grasp since the words are ones I never heard people use or even read in other novels.

Words such as Cloistered, Inarticulate, Auspicious, Obstinate, Enunciate, Rueful, Exasperated, Presumptuous, and I can go on and on.... Good book series if you wish to learn a bit of economics and increase your vocabulary at the same time. Since it is translated from Japanese the grammar at times is word for word as if you put it in Google translator so it does not make much sense in English but all in all it is a very good series and I cant wait for the remaining 13 books to come out!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books