Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2014, 12:52 PM

2,453 posts, read 3,604,506 times

Advertisements

Very interesting, Autumn, and as you may know from my reviews this is not my type of reading. So I am curious to know if you think it was factual as I've read that it may be one of those conspiracy theory books where facts are twisted to make a plausible theory and that other things are made up. If you look at it from that light, what are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2014, 01:35 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,844,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Roses View Post
Very interesting, Autumn, and as you may know from my reviews this is not my type of reading. So I am curious to know if you think it was factual as I've read that it may be one of those conspiracy theory books where facts are twisted to make a plausible theory and that other things are made up. If you look at it from that light, what are your thoughts?
Well since the government ALWAYS tries to hide their dirt under the same "Conspiracy Theory" rug,and tries to ridicule or demonize every whistle blower,plus that I have read and heard many of these claims from many different sources,often silenced after the first release of it,such as on THE National Geographic and History Channels,yes I absolutely believe this book is factual.

Old 09-28-2014, 08:07 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,236,301 times
just got The Origin of Species by Charles Darwin so Ill be reading that in between The Scorch Trials by James Dashner which is the second book in The Maze Runner series

Old 09-28-2014, 08:41 PM

2,322 posts, read 923,092 times
I finished A Fatal Grace (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache #2) this morning and it gets or 5 stars. Brilliant writing and characters worth caring about.

I'm still stuck reading this collection of short stories After the People Lights Have Gone Off by Horror Writer Stephen Graham Jones.

The stories are well written but I'm used to zipping through chapter after chapter in a full novel and I can't do that with this book. I have to stop after every story and reflect on what the author wanted to say and what I took away. I also want to keep from weaving the previous story into the current one Once I put the book down, days (weeks) have passed before I pick it up again.

I've had this book for over 2½ months and I'm still only at 24%. I'm probably making this harder than it actually is but when I read I'd like it be longer than 10-minute spurts.

Rant over.

Have An Amazing Week!

Old 09-28-2014, 10:04 PM

7,365 posts, read 5,479,265 times
Natchez Burning. This is the first Greg Iles book I've read. Loved it! It was suspenseful and a page turner. I couldn't put it down. I am assuming there will be a sequel to this book since the ending indicated that was the case. I can't wait for the next book!

Old 09-29-2014, 06:25 AM

3,513 posts, read 6,374,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
Natchez Burning. This is the first Greg Iles book I've read. Loved it! It was suspenseful and a page turner. I couldn't put it down. I am assuming there will be a sequel to this book since the ending indicated that was the case. I can't wait for the next book!
While you are waiting go back and read his other stuff, it's all good.

Old 09-29-2014, 11:59 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,368,233 times
Managed to finish my 3 library books in 10 days.

Got another one, “The Mood Repair Toolkit: Proven Strategies to Prevent the Blues from Turning into Depression.” by David A. Clark (2014).
It was so-so, a bit too simplistic for how I conceptualize things, but it might be valuable to someone with a different sort of brain/mind.

Old 09-29-2014, 01:05 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,349,261 times
Quote:
I have enjoyed all the Greg Iles books I have read. I agree with reading the rest of his stuff!

Old 09-29-2014, 04:10 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times
Quote:
I always enjoy Greg Iles' books. Since you liked Natchez Burning I'll recommend another author whose books are just as good, IMHO. He has not written a lot of books. Simon Beckett. I can never guess the endings. Here is my personal favorite:
Amazon.com: The Chemistry of Death eBook: Simon Beckett: Books

Old 09-29-2014, 05:13 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,964,222 times
Just finished The Hurricane Sisters by Dorothea Benton Frank. Now doing one of my quick reads with a paperback by Michael Connelly while I wait on John Grisham's new book Gray Mountain due out in October.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books