Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2015, 07:15 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,237,606 times

Advertisements

The Hanover Square Affair, which is an English historical mystery. Good so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2015, 01:53 AM

3,549 posts, read 1,535,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I'm reading Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel. I'll finish it tonight (actually kind of sad about that).

If post-apoc is not your thing, don't let that put you off. This is an excellent read!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromupthere View Post
I am on the hold list at the library for this one. It is a slow moving list. I think I'm at #5 or 6 so I should get it sometime this year for sure.
Sounds good to me. thanks TracySam!
Fromupthere, I'm 39 on the waiting list. I'll be lucky if I get it this year.

Old 02-15-2015, 05:43 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,275,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
Sounds good to me. thanks TracySam!
Fromupthere, I'm 39 on the waiting list. I'll be lucky if I get it this year.
Wow that's a long wait. I must have gotten it before it became more popular. I was the only one who wanted to read it in December at my library

Old 02-15-2015, 06:28 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,474,861 times
I'm reading The Mystery of the Shemitah by Rabbi Jonathan Cahn. (He also wrote The Harbinger, which some of you may know.)

In terms of what to expect during the pending economic collapse and the fall of the United States as the leading world power (the shift from west to east has already occurred), this book contains information that is critical to all of us and is one of the most provocative and important books of our time IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLP5CZLLaG8

May God bless you all.

Mahrie.

Old 02-15-2015, 06:30 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,275,117 times
If you liked Still Alice and/or Turn of Mind there is a free giveaway for another book on Goodreads.

The Day We Met: A Novel by Rowan Coleman.
"The name of your first-born. The face of your lover. Your age. Your address…

What would happen if your memory of these began to fade?

Is it possible to rebuild your life? Raise a family? Fall in love again?

When Claire starts to write her Memory Book, she already knows that this scrapbook of mementoes will soon be all her daughters and husband have of her. In her mid-40s, Claire is scared and increasingly confused by the world around her, struggling to hold onto her identity as thoughts of her mother, her daughters, and her husband grow fuzzier every day. Fearing what will happen if those memories fade altogether, her family’s gift of a red sketchpad is her most treasured possession. As they fill it with scenes from a joyous life lived together, Claire again experiences the ecstatic highs and terrible lows of a life well lived: full of heartbreak and love, tears and laughter."

Old 02-15-2015, 05:18 PM

4,703 posts, read 4,354,087 times
So I just started BIG LITTLE LIES yesterday, and thanks to the wonderful weather NOT of the northeast, I have not left the house today. I am almost halfway through and man oh man what a great effortless read. Thoroughly enjoying it. I think if someone is having a hard time getting back to reading, this book would be a good one to lure one back.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:48 PM

995 posts, read 1,108,817 times
The Martian by Andy Weir. I can't put it down. It's about the 4th manned Mars mission, and how one of the crew is stranded there alone.
Movie starring Matt Damon, with Ridley Scott directing coming next November.

Old 02-16-2015, 02:30 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,349,361 times
I'm reading Everything I Never Told You by Celeste NG & The Girl on the Train.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:04 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,223,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I'm reading Everything I Never Told You by Celeste NG & The Girl on the Train.
I absolutely loved Everything I Never Told You.
The Girl on the Train was also a good read.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:08 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,223,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
So I just started BIG LITTLE LIES yesterday, and thanks to the wonderful weather NOT of the northeast, I have not left the house today. I am almost halfway through and man oh man what a great effortless read. Thoroughly enjoying it. I think if someone is having a hard time getting back to reading, this book would be a good one to lure one back.
Mayvenne, thanks for recommending A Man Called Ove. I am devouring this wonderful story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books