Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2015, 10:58 PM

3,493 posts, read 7,886,906 times

Advertisements

Still flipping the pages of The Rocks and I think that I'm liking it. The books begins at present day and every 10 chapters or so, goes back by about ten years. The setting is beautiful and the writing is descriptive and complex, but not too overly done. So far, so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2015, 05:36 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,798,353 times
I'm on a 'light-read' kick right now.Just finished an Amish cozy mystery~ Hearse and Buggy which I liked pretty well,except for two major complaints[lowered my rating of it because the author carries the same two story lines into the second book] ,then Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange, which I loved, and now I am reading the 5th book in the Miss Julia cozy mystery series~ Miss Julia Meets Her Match.

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 06-08-2015 at 06:26 AM..

Old 06-08-2015, 06:29 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,275,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I'm on a 'light-read' kick right now.Just finished an Amish cozy mystery~ Hearse and Buggy which I liked pretty well,except for two major complaints[lowered my rating of it because the author carries the same two story lines into the second book] ,then Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange, which I loved, and now I am reading the 5th book in the Miss Julia cozy mystery series~ Miss Julia Meets Her Match.

Sounds like you are on a good roll.

I just finished/skimmed my way through The Eyre Affair. It was too fantasy for me. If you are a fan of classics this one might be good for you.

I started Every Fifteen Minutes last night. This one seems like it will keep me interested So far so good….although I will most likely think the protagonist(the good ole doc) will be too much of a wuss.

Old 06-08-2015, 01:59 PM

17,330 posts, read 32,858,882 times
Oh, hi, Netwit.

The library had Underground in Berlin ready for me. I went -- in the rain! and I got my car washed yesterday! -- to pick it up. I read a few pages of it but I fear that my concentration is not up for it right now. We'll see how it goes but it might be a perfect of example of the right book at the wrong time.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:27 PM

576 posts, read 419,249 times
Joe Haldeman's - The Forever War

Old 06-09-2015, 12:43 AM

7,236 posts, read 9,209,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Oh, hi, Netwit.

The library had Underground in Berlin ready for me. I went -- in the rain! and I got my car washed yesterday! -- to pick it up. I read a few pages of it but I fear that my concentration is not up for it right now. We'll see how it goes but it might be a perfect of example of the right book at the wrong time.
Well, I know all too well how that goes - right book, wrong time. My number one girl (dog) is very sick and it might be time, any time, so I have no idea what I am reading either. I am not even sure what I am thinking.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:56 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,275,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Well, I know all too well how that goes - right book, wrong time. My number one girl (dog) is very sick and it might be time, any time, so I have no idea what I am reading either. I am not even sure what I am thinking.

Oh no I am so sorry to hear that. Sending ((hugs)) your way.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:08 AM

1,833 posts, read 3,330,358 times
Quote:
So sorry Netwit. Sending virtual {{{{hugs}}}} to you!

Old 06-09-2015, 07:41 AM

496 posts, read 390,456 times
Quote:
(((Hugs))), Our furbabies are such a big (and wonderful) part of our lives. It is heartbreaking when they are ill.

Old 06-09-2015, 07:52 AM

496 posts, read 390,456 times
I finished reading Silent Scream by Angela Marston. I thought it was great. I loved the lead character and it was definitely a page turner. This is the first in a series so I am sure I will be reading more by this author.

As soon as the last sentence was read in SS I started Finders Keepers. I am 75% through and I'm loving it! I think SK is the master of story telling once again. I couldn't force myself to pick up one of his books for many years but the magic is back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books