Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 09:29 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,319,963 times

Advertisements

I finished The Unbreakable Miss Lovely: How the Church of Scientology tried to destroy Paulette Cooper
by Tony Ortega.

This book is so well researched and so well presented. It is truly an interesting read even though the subject matter is trauma inducing.

Paulette Cooper is a very brave and heroic woman, IMHO.

The Unbreakable Miss Lovely: How the Church of Scientology tried to destroy Paulette Cooper - Kindle edition by Tony Ortega. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 12:44 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,164 times
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry
Quote:
I call it "cleansing the palate"

LOL, How perfectly descriptive!

Old 11-01-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I finished The Unbreakable Miss Lovely: How the Church of Scientology tried to destroy Paulette Cooper
by Tony Ortega.

This book is so well researched and so well presented. It is truly an interesting read even though the subject matter is trauma inducing.

The Unbreakable Miss Lovely: How the Church of Scientology tried to destroy Paulette Cooper - Kindle edition by Tony Ortega. Religion & Spirituality Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.
Sounds really interesting, added it to my list!

Old 11-01-2015, 04:19 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,110,449 times
about to start reading Patti Smith's new book.
I really enjoyed "Just Kids"..so looking forward to this

http://www.amazon.com/M-Train-Patti-Smith/dp/1101875100

Old 11-01-2015, 05:24 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
by Tony Ortega.

I just placed a hold at the library. Thanks for the suggestion!

I just finished The Wrong Man by Kate White. It started off really well, but quickly got predictable. I had high hopes that it would be an exciting thriller, but it just didn't cut it.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:51 AM

496 posts, read 395,417 times
Finished Ugly Young Thing by Jennifer Jaynes last night. For the first chapter or so I thought I may put it aside as it was rather disturbing but pushed on. It turned out to be a very good read and it was unsettling enough to be perfect Halloween type reading. I will be reading more by this author.

Old 11-03-2015, 07:36 AM

Yes, Chef: A Memoir Kindle Edition by Marcus Samuelsson

http://www.amazon.com/Yes-Chef-Memoi...words=yes+chef

What a delightful, loving book! He fell in love with food and cooking by watching and helping his adoptive Swedish mother and grandmother in their kitchens while growing up. You can just feel the love in his writing. Facinating info on the Swedish culture.

Old 11-03-2015, 11:04 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,319,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Yes, Chef: A Memoir Kindle Edition by Marcus Samuelsson

http://www.amazon.com/Yes-Chef-Memoi...words=yes+chef

What a delightful, loving book! He fell in love with food and cooking by watching and helping his adoptive Swedish mother and grandmother in their kitchens while growing up. You can just feel the love in his writing. Facinating info on the Swedish culture.
This one sounds really good. Thank you.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:44 AM

414 posts, read 911,293 times
Just finished Rogue Lawyer by John Grisham. A good read, especially if you like courtroom/legal drama!

Old 11-04-2015, 03:28 PM

560 posts, read 849,108 times
I'd never read Anne of Green Gables, and after following a thread here about childhood reads I got it for my Nook. I'm really enjoying it, and it's also a great option for my "second string" book since I usually have a couple of books going at a time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books