Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2015, 10:41 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,236,230 times

Advertisements

might have to check out the Joe Pickett novels that iloveautumn mentioned above.
Im wanting to become a game warden/fish and wildlife officer. anyone have any other recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 10:57 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,544,205 times
I finished Sarah Addison Allen's "The Girl Who Chased the Moon" -- a nice feel good story of domestic fiction mixed with YA romance with only a hint of too sweet, a tangy mystery, and spicy fantasy. I would read more by this author as a "palate cleanser" from more grisly works.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:18 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,843,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber18 View Post
might have to check out the Joe Pickett novels that iloveautumn mentioned above.
Im wanting to become a game warden/fish and wildlife officer. anyone have any other recommendations?

Here are some others...
Warden Bigfoot, K-9 Unit Ordy, and Me (Game Wardens in the Mist Book 1) by James Wictum
Under a Poacher's Moon: Stories of a Wisconsin Game Warden by Steven Dewald
Suddenly, the Cider Didn't Taste So Good: Adventures of a Game Warden in Maine by John , Sr. Ford
The Precipice: A Novel (Mike Bowditch Mysteries Book 6)by Paul Doiron
Two Shots (Tony Leach Book 1)by Joe Albert
Smoke on the Mountain: A Story of Survival (Ranger Jackson Hart Book 1)by J. Michael Stewart

Old 11-09-2015, 11:26 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,316,797 times
I finally found and finished a book! I thought I was going to turn into Dawn who would always post about a book and then hate it. The book is called The Queen of the Tearling and one would think it is a fantasy but it seems that it is a post-dystopic world. The writer is great at world-building. I thought that the characters were strong, with strengths and flaws. It is not a romance although maybe one develops somewhere along the line as it is, best of all it is a series, so that I will presumably not be searching for something to read for a while.

The Queen of the Tearling: A Novel (Queen of the Tearling, The): Erika Johansen: 9780062290380: Amazon.com: Books

Old 11-09-2015, 11:36 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,016,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I finally found and finished a book! I thought I was going to turn into Dawn who would always post about a book and then hate it.
How ironic that I came to this forum at this exact moment!

First of all, I didn't read anything while on vacation.

Since returning, I've tried all the books that I'd wanted to read while away. None of them took, which I assume means that it's not the book -- it's me. My brain is still in vacation mode. (My employer will be thrilled about this, no doubt.)

In regards to work, today is Day 1 on a new heavy-duty project. We all know what that means. Oh well. The books will be there when I'm ready, right? Right.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:45 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,316,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
How ironic that I came to this forum at this exact moment!

First of all, I didn't read anything while on vacation.

Since returning, I've tried all the books that I'd wanted to read while away. None of them took, which I assume means that it's not the book -- it's me. My brain is still in vacation mode. (My employer will be thrilled about this, no doubt.)

In regards to work, today is Day 1 on a new heavy-duty project. We all know what that means. Oh well. The books will be there when I'm ready, right? Right.
Hahahaha! I knew you were going to turn up at the mention of your name! I miss you!

Old 11-09-2015, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Hahahaha! I knew you were going to turn up at the mention of your name! I miss you!
ESP.
Kismet.
Voodoo.
All of the above.

I tried to rep you but I haven't spread it around recently. I'll send you an email. I miss you too.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:04 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I finished Sarah Addison Allen's "The Girl Who Chased the Moon" -- a nice feel good story of domestic fiction mixed with YA romance with only a hint of too sweet, a tangy mystery, and spicy fantasy. I would read more by this author as a "palate cleanser" from more grisly works.
I love the good ol' palate cleansers. I'm weird because my palate cleansers are post apoc and zombie books. ahahahahahaha! I decided to admit it before Dawn has something to say about it.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I love the good ol' palate cleansers. I'm weird because my palate cleansers are post apoc and zombie books. ahahahahahaha! I decided to admit it before Dawn has something to say about it.
Hahaha! Whatever makes you happy, sweets. It's all good.

Old 11-09-2015, 02:34 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,757,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Yes, Chef: A Memoir Kindle Edition by Marcus Samuelsson

http://www.amazon.com/Yes-Chef-Memoi...words=yes+chef

What a delightful, loving book! He fell in love with food and cooking by watching and helping his adoptive Swedish mother and grandmother in their kitchens while growing up. You can just feel the love in his writing. Facinating info on the Swedish culture.
He's on Food Network with some regularity. Seems like a he's a good person in addition to being a talented chef.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books