Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2009, 04:03 PM

8,757 posts, read 9,461,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms ball View Post
The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb
I've been waiting for Lamb, to come out with another book, so I'm going to have to get this one ASAP!

Over the past week, I read.

The last Brige, by Teri Coyne
It was heart wrenching, annoying, redeming. A most excellent read.

Black Out, by Lisa Unger
Hmmm. This had most certainly had twist and turns, for once, I wasn't sure what was what in a mystery novel. Of course that had more to do with the main character's mental instibility and the fact that most of the story was being told from that character's point of veiw.

Presently getting through The Walking People, by Mary Beth Keane
I'm on page 156 the prologue was pretty good, but after that, i've been skipping through much of the story to get to more interesting story lines. If not for the prologue, I would just be done with it, but I'm want to see how things came about. Still, I might scan to the meat real soon.

next two books waiting on my desk to be read:

Calling Mr Lonely Hearts, by Laura BeneDict
Hot House Flower, by Margot Berwin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 06:37 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,075,496 times
just started shoot the moon by billie letts , next books to read loving frank . how to be lost and then vinegar hill . I am so waiting to read all of these . I am really liking shoot the moon. so far .

Old 10-27-2009, 03:32 PM

8 posts, read 16,541 times
I love twilight. I have been hooked on vampire books since I read twilight. I have already read the house of night series from P. C. Cast and Kristin Cast, and I just finished reading the Vampire Academy series as well by Richelle Mead. and Now I am reading the night world from L. J. Smith. They all are great books

Old 10-27-2009, 03:54 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,372,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
just started shoot the moon by billie letts , next books to read loving frank . how to be lost and then vinegar hill . I am so waiting to read all of these . I am really liking shoot the moon. so far .
I just love Billie Letts books, and it started with WHERE THE HEART IS. Have you read MADE IN THE USA?

Made in the U.S.A. by Billie Letts (Grand Central Publishing, $13.99)
In her fourth novel, Billie Letts presents a moving tale of two unforgettable children searching for a place to call home. At the center of the story is Lutie McFee, a fifteen-year-old girl who lives in Spearfish, South Dakota, with her younger brother, Fate, and Floy Satterfield, the three-hundred-pound ex-girlfriend of their father. This heartbreaking, life-affirming story of two gutsy children who must discover how cruel, unfair, and frightening the world is before they finally find a place where they belong, against all odds, manage to do just that.
This book was so good!

Old 10-28-2009, 01:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,991 times
I read a short book called My Pal Valentine...Short intro: "This is a touching story about an extraordinary dog and her caregiver. Valentine was way too smart for the average canine. Everyone who knew her would say the same thing."

I found it from Google looking for stories about dogs for my children (2nd and 4th grade) which took me to: [url=http://www.publishamerica.net/product85350.html]My Pal Valentine[/url]

Old 10-28-2009, 06:16 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,385,004 times
I'm already into Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer. The Twilight series is very easy to read and a real pageturner!

Old 10-28-2009, 06:17 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,385,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I just love Billie Letts books, and it started with WHERE THE HEART IS. Have you read MADE IN THE USA?

Made in the U.S.A. by Billie Letts (Grand Central Publishing, $13.99)
In her fourth novel, Billie Letts presents a moving tale of two unforgettable children searching for a place to call home. At the center of the story is Lutie McFee, a fifteen-year-old girl who lives in Spearfish, South Dakota, with her younger brother, Fate, and Floy Satterfield, the three-hundred-pound ex-girlfriend of their father. This heartbreaking, life-affirming story of two gutsy children who must discover how cruel, unfair, and frightening the world is before they finally find a place where they belong, against all odds, manage to do just that.
This book was so good!
That sounds interesting. Will put it on my amazon wishlist! Thanks for sharing.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:19 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,644,916 times
Against Medical Advice by James Patterson and Friedman. It is the story of a boy dealing with turrettes.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:22 PM

363 posts, read 1,146,045 times
just finished "While I'm Falling"

Old 10-30-2009, 11:01 PM

2,544 posts, read 4,281,755 times
Well, I just finished two by Stephen King. Duma Key and The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. Since I have a ten year old daughter, that latter one really hit the buttons. Both excellent books.

I just started The Leatherstocking Tales by James Fenimore Cooper. Somehow I missed reading those when I was younger, so it's the beginning of a great adventure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books