Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2017, 04:47 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,190,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I finally checked the book out from my library "The beauty queen of Jerusalem " I hope it is as good as I have heard .
How was this book? Hopefully you enjoyed it since you had to wait so long to read it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 04:56 PM

48,436 posts, read 34,647,568 times
Just checked all my library holds, and it looks like 5 books will become available around the same time.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-28-2017, 04:34 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,023,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
How was this book? Hopefully you enjoyed it since you had to wait so long to read it!

It stunk !!!!! I'm so glad I did not buy it. yep dodged a bullet on that one ...LOL

Old 06-28-2017, 05:40 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,375,424 times
I just finished The Changeling by Robing Jenkins within 2 days. What a sweet and sad story.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:24 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,911,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
I just finished The Changeling by Robing Jenkins within 2 days. What a sweet and sad story.

First of all - I was surprised at the number of books titled The Changeling! After going down a few worm holes looking at the wrong Changelings, I found this one authored by Robin Jenkins and added it to my TBR list! Looks interesting!

Old 06-28-2017, 09:27 AM

3,493 posts, read 7,911,707 times
I recently started Do Not Become Alarmed by Maile Meloy. It was highly recommended by a book seller so I have high hopes (probably too high...). So far (page 28), there is a vacation going along, but I am beginning to feel a sense of dread because I know that something serious is going to happen.

However, I have SO MUCH WORK TO DO and really, really don't have time for pleasure reading right now!!!

Old 06-28-2017, 02:49 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,663,934 times
I started Persuasion by Jane Austen. It's one of hers I haven't read and while it's not the fluff I was looking for, it's far enough removed from real life that it should do the trick.

Old 06-28-2017, 03:06 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,241,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
I recently started Do Not Become Alarmed by Maile Meloy. It was highly recommended by a book seller so I have high hopes (probably too high...). So far (page 28), there is a vacation going along, but I am beginning to feel a sense of dread because I know that something serious is going to happen.

However, I have SO MUCH WORK TO DO and really, really don't have time for pleasure reading right now!!!
I have Meloy's book on hold. I'm reading Killers of the Flower Moon: The Osage Murders and the birth of the FBI, a non-fiction book by David Grann. Grann's meticulously researched book tells the story of one of the most horrific crimes committed in American history. It is both spellbinding and heartbreaking.

Old 06-28-2017, 04:23 PM

7,263 posts, read 9,273,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
First of all - I was surprised at the number of books titled The Changeling! After going down a few worm holes looking at the wrong Changelings, I found this one authored by Robin Jenkins and added it to my TBR list! Looks interesting!
That one does look interesting.

I'm reading Beggars in Spain by Nancy Kress as someone brought up the book in another thread. I wasn't very impressed by the writing in the beginning but it smoothed out quickly. The Changeling might be next.

Old 06-28-2017, 09:11 PM

443 posts, read 435,351 times
Reading Since We Fell by Dennis Lehane. It got mixed reviews but it's holding my attention so far. It's also my first Lehane novel. (Don't just me but I totally picked this book because I loved the movies based on his other books, Mystic River and Gone Baby Gone.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books