Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2019, 02:58 PM

11,479 posts, read 9,141,481 times

Advertisements

Only Time Will Tell (The Clifton Chronicles #1) by Jeffrey Archer (2011).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Are you a scriptwriter searching for potential movie material?
it seems to be a goodreads event:

Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge discussion

...which looks like fun!

Old 01-23-2019, 04:48 PM

4,724 posts, read 4,417,821 times
Dawn should be happy to know I am reading Come Thou, Tortoise
When it was mentioned over the past few years, I looked and my library (and my county library and the state library) did not have it. I have since moved, and tried again. This time I requested an interlibrary loan. It came a few days ago, from about 4 states away. I don't know why the book is so hard to find.
Anyway I am enjoying it but I do find some of the back and forth in time is a bit confusing but it's a good read and I enjoy both Audrey and Winifred. She sure has a way with words. That's what I guess takes a while to follow. (The Yelps. lol)

Old 01-23-2019, 05:29 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Dawn should be happy to know I am reading Come Thou, Tortoise
When it was mentioned over the past few years, I looked and my library (and my county library and the state library) did not have it. I have since moved, and tried again. This time I requested an interlibrary loan. It came a few days ago, from about 4 states away. I don't know why the book is so hard to find.
Anyway I am enjoying it but I do find some of the back and forth in time is a bit confusing but it's a good read and I enjoy both Audrey and Winifred. She sure has a way with words. That's what I guess takes a while to follow. (The Yelps. lol)
YAY!!!!!!

I think that it's so hard to find because the author is Canadian. Funny, though, that I heard of -- and read -- the book when I was living in the U.S.

I don't remember much about it (but I do remember something funny with a man in the bathroom on the plane). I'm going to have to read it -- and love it -- again.

Old 01-23-2019, 05:35 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,033,009 times
The new Churchill biography.

Old 01-23-2019, 07:29 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
YAY!!!!!!

I think that it's so hard to find because the author is Canadian. Funny, though, that I heard of -- and read -- the book when I was living in the U.S.

I don't remember much about it (but I do remember something funny with a man in the bathroom on the plane). I'm going to have to read it -- and love it -- again.
I've recommended several books written by Canadian authors to my libraries with some success. I get emails from from CBC and BBC.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:52 PM

13,608 posts, read 5,386,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikabike View Post
Are you a scriptwriter searching for potential movie material?

Ha, no

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
it seems to be a goodreads event:

Ultimate Popsugar Reading Challenge discussion

...which looks like fun!

You're right. I've participated in other challenges last year and it's so much fun. It widens my horizon extremely because I read a lot of books that usually are not my cup of tea.

But since English is not my mother tongue I have often difficulties to find the right books for the single subjects.

So thank you all. I have ordered some of your suggestions

Old 01-24-2019, 06:24 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
Just finished Bond of Blood, one of Roberta Gellis's first historical novels set in reign of Stephen
Fron E-version on Bane Books that I read on Kindle...have paperback but the print is just too small...
Open Library has e copy as well but can only read it online vs download it...using iPad has limitations

Old 01-24-2019, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeccscclhjhn View Post
Only Time Will Tell (The Clifton Chronicles #1) by Jeffrey Archer (2011).
Also rereading The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles, Bruce H. Lipton (2005).

Yes, I'm reading two books at different times ( pretty hard to do at the same time lol ).

Old 01-24-2019, 11:50 AM

443 posts, read 437,608 times
The Banker's Wife by Cristina Alger
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books