Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2012, 05:37 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times

Advertisements

I'm reading Come, Thou Tortoise and I have never laughed so much in my life. This is truly a clever and delightful book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2012, 06:00 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,018,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I'm reading Come, Thou Tortoise and I have never laughed so much in my life. This is truly a clever and delightful book.
And I don't even like funny books, so... !!!

I love that book so damn much.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:18 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,349,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
And I don't even like funny books, so... !!!

I love that book so damn much.
This book seriously needs to be on my list of to be read I think.

ETA: My library doesn't have it, of course. Uff dah! We're so close to Canada, eh, here in Minnesota, you'd think we'd have it, you betcha!

Again ETA: I'm reading "Red" by Ted Dekker. I got a 4-in-1 of the Circle series by him on my Kindle app. "Red" is the second book.

Old 05-01-2012, 08:27 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,129,228 times
Default Michael Connelly

He has been writing about a detective in the LA/Hollywood area of California. I've read up to "The Last Coyote," making it the fourth book so far. It has the flavor of a real, solid, character.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromupthere View Post
This book seriously needs to be on my list of to be read I think.

ETA: My library doesn't have it, of course. Uff dah! We're so close to Canada, eh, here in Minnesota, you'd think we'd have it, you betcha!

Again ETA: I'm reading "Red" by Ted Dekker. I got a 4-in-1 of the Circle series by him on my Kindle app. "Red" is the second book.
It's a hard book to find. When I bought it, it cost me -- I don't remember -- somewhere in the vicinity of $18 or so. Now you can get it on Amazon -- the Import paperback edition -- for $4 or so.

It's the most original and charming book I've ever read. I should never have sold my copy. Had I kept it, I'd still be hugging it.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:32 AM

5,068 posts, read 10,129,228 times
Quote:
It's a hard book to find. When I bought it, it cost me -- I don't remember -- somewhere in the vicinity of $18 or so. Now you can get it on Amazon -- the Import paperback edition -- for $4 or so.

It's the most original and charming book I've ever read. I should never have sold my copy. Had I kept it, I'd still be hugging it.
Sounds like a winner. I've been reading two books, taking a break on another book, then going back and reading two more books. I get my books at Hastings, but I doubt they have a store up there, yet.

Thank you for the Ted Dekker books, I'll get them.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:33 AM

Quote:

When you first search for it on Amazon, it shows up as $80+ I think for paperback. I thought - well I guess I'll never be reading it. Then I saw the import price and thought - whew! I can read it. Now I just have to order it.

Old 05-02-2012, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
Sounds like a winner. I've been reading two books, taking a break on another book, then going back and reading two more books. I get my books at Hastings, but I doubt they have a store up there, yet.

Thank you for the Ted Dekker books, I'll get them.
The Dekker books are a recommendation from "fromupthere". I was the one who was pushing Come, Thou Tortoise as if I got royalties.

Quote:
When you first search for it on Amazon, it shows up as $80+ I think for paperback. I thought - well I guess I'll never be reading it. Then I saw the import price and thought - whew! I can read it. Now I just have to order it.
YAY!!!!!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:12 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Quote:
I got my copy from Better World Books for about $8.50.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I got my copy from Better World Books for about $8.50.
Thanks for the tip!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books