Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2012, 07:14 PM

7,263 posts, read 9,270,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
You're a very interesting person, Netwit. But I already knew that.
Interesting interesting, or interesting weird?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 08:42 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,521,006 times
I admit that I can be slow about things, but I am more than a bit miffed that I've read 16% of "The Devil in Pew Number Seven," by Rebecca Nichols Alonzo and Bob DeMoss before I realized it was Christian book. I don't have anything against Christianity, but I do have something against publishing a really incredibly poorly written work, solely on the basis of it being about someone's faith. Not even Hallmark could make this a good story.

And another piece of tripe hits the curb....

Old 10-21-2012, 09:50 PM

15,893 posts, read 18,269,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
I admit that I can be slow about things, but I am more than a bit miffed that I've read 16% of "The Devil in Pew Number Seven," by Rebecca Nichols Alonzo and Bob DeMoss before I realized it was Christian book. I don't have anything against Christianity, but I do have something against publishing a really incredibly poorly written work, solely on the basis of it being about someone's faith. Not even Hallmark could make this a good story.

Thanks for the heads-up, LFM. I was seriously considering buying that book. Now I won't because that genre is just not something I am interested in reading.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:55 AM

17,330 posts, read 32,953,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Interesting interesting, or interesting weird?
You? The BEST kind of interesting!

Old 10-22-2012, 04:27 AM

20,549 posts, read 30,338,292 times
I am just starting "Paranoia" by Joseph Finder.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:20 AM

14,785 posts, read 24,019,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post

(Not even Hallmark could make this a good story ) Ouch now that statement really says something Im going to have to remember this one and I could say the same for the stinko i just tried to read Ugh the language of flowers . thanks for the heads up LFM .

Old 10-22-2012, 06:06 AM

9,229 posts, read 8,521,006 times
Yes, there should be something about the intent of a work to give testimony on the cover, like: "Christian faith overcomes evil" or something like that -- don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against peoples' testimonies of faith. It's all good.

That said, I'm with Y Lisa: I, too, hear enough about Christianity.

Re:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
Thanks for the heads-up, LFM. I was seriously considering buying that book. Now I won't because that genre is just not something I am interested in reading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
(Not even Hallmark could make this a good story ) Ouch now that statement really says something Im going to have to remember this one and I could say the same for the stinko i just tried to read Ugh the language of flowers . thanks for the heads up LFM .

Quote:
You? The BEST kind of interesting!
Of course.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:14 AM

I am looking forward to a book that I will get in the mail today. Some of my CD friends and I created a cookbook I will get a hardcopy today. For anyone who wants to see it you can download it for free The cover of the book is my property.

http://createmycookbook.com/store/sh...666_1347201430

Just click on spiral contents to view the recipes.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:26 AM

17,330 posts, read 32,953,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by younglisa7 View Post
I am looking forward to a book that I will get in the mail today. Some of my CD friends and I created a cookbook I will get a hardcopy today. For anyone who wants to see it you can download it for free The cover of the book is my property.

http://createmycookbook.com/store/sh...666_1347201430

Just click on spiral contents to view the recipes.
That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-22-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
That's AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never knew the site existed. It would be really cool to make a book with family and/or friends. It was fun to do The books up to 100 pages are pretty inexpensive....they get you on the shipping
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books