Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2012, 02:47 PM

9,229 posts, read 8,544,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Wait! What? I would have recommended only Parnassus on Wheels and a Wallace Stegner that you didn't list: Crossing to Safety. I take no responsibility for the rest on your list.
True. Very true. Actually, I just entered the authors into the search for available ebooks, and took what was there.

I am not quite so discriminating in what I will read.

BTW -- I forgot to mention that I just started Molly Ringwald's "When it Happens to You" (which I believe someone drop kicked recently, but I'd already reserved it), and then learned that my inter-library loan "Come Thou Tortoise" is waiting for me to pick up. Hopefully, I will be able to fit them both in before they are due. After all, there are scarves to knit, homework to do, whine, whine, whine....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 02:51 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,018,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinForMayberry View Post
True. Very true. Actually, I just entered the authors into the search for available ebooks, and took what was there.

I am not quite so discriminating in what I will read.

BTW -- I forgot to mention that I just started Molly Ringwald's "When it Happens to You" (which I believe someone drop kicked recently, but I'd already reserved it), and then learned that my inter-library loan "Come Thou Tortoise" is waiting for me to pick up. Hopefully, I will be able to fit them both in before they are due. After all, there are scarves to knit, homework to do, whine, whine, whine....
Uh. Yeah. I'm the drop-kicker on Ringwald. Of course it was me. Sorry. I didn't even get through the first chapter/story.

Come, Thou Tortoise, though, that's a whole other story. A good one.

Old 11-10-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Uh. Yeah. I'm the drop-kicker on Ringwald. Of course it was me. Sorry. I didn't even get through the first chapter/story.

Come, Thou Tortoise, though, that's a whole other story. A good one.
I will take full responsibility for my reading. Never would I decry "Foul" on the referee!

Old 11-10-2012, 03:50 PM

Well, well. I'm 50% into The Haunted Bookshop and the darned thing has turned into a mystery. I don't *do* mysteries. I think I'm breaking up with this book.

I'm not sure what I'm in the mood to read. I have a book of Truman Capote short stories. I don't typically like short stories but I'll give Capote's a try. At least a few of them. Then maybe I'll know what book I want to really sink my teeth into.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I think I'm breaking up with this book.

Neil Sedaka - Breaking Up Is Hard To Do - YouTube

Old 11-10-2012, 04:04 PM

126,266 posts, read 19,034,903 times
YOU...STAYING YOUNG by Dr. OZ....love it

Old 11-10-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:
I'm breaking up with the Capote short stories too. I *know* that I don't like short stories but I *don't* know why I keep bothering to try to like them. It never, ever works. We're going to see a movie. Seven Psychopaths. I don't need a book tonight. I've got psychopaths!

Old 11-10-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
I don't need a book tonight. I've got psychopaths!
Sometimes insanity is the best option.

DH got home just in time for me to drive down the hill and retrieve "Come Thou, Tortoise" from the library before it closes -- until Tuesday. (I decided to set Molly aside for the Tortoise, which cannot be renewed.) For some reason I was expecting it to be a quick read, but it's a tome!

Old 11-10-2012, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Sometimes insanity is the best option.

DH got home just in time for me to drive down the hill and retrieve "Come Thou, Tortoise" from the library before it closes -- until Tuesday. (I decided to set Molly aside for the Tortoise, which cannot be renewed.) For some reason I was expecting it to be a quick read, but it's a tome!
It'll fly by, you'll see.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:14 PM

747 posts, read 1,681,832 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books