Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 07:00 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,700,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Hahahaha!!!! Artie says "thank you" and I say "I promise, promise, a million times promise, that I'll make the next one longer and BETTER." Pinky swear.
I loved it and look forward to reading everything you write!

I downloaded "King Perry" to the Kindle. Homoeroticism here I come. First though I'm going to read "Flight Behavior" by Barbara Kingsolver which I borrowed from the library.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 07:52 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,016,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
I loved it and look forward to reading everything you write!

I downloaded "King Perry" to the Kindle. Homoeroticism here I come. First though I'm going to read "Flight Behavior" by Barbara Kingsolver which I borrowed from the library.
You're such a doll. Thank you from me and thank you from Edmond! (I'm going to tell him that you're going to read it. I hope you love it as much as I did.)

Old 06-30-2013, 08:02 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,700,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
You're such a doll. Thank you from me and thank you from Edmond! (I'm going to tell him that you're going to read it. I hope you love it as much as I did.)
Wouldn't it be funny if middle-aged straight women turned out to be his biggest fans? I'll report back but it may take a while because I haven't been making much time to read lately.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Wouldn't it be funny if middle-aged straight women turned out to be his biggest fans?
I'm sure he'd love it!

It was such a big deal for me -- something I rarely (or ever?) do -- to step out of my comfort zone. I'm so glad that I did, especially because the next one -- King Mai -- is being released on July 15. SO EXCITED!!!

The thing about King Perry is that although the sexy bits are hotter than hot, that's not the meat (no pun intended) of the story. There's so much more than that. SO much more! Yet the sex scenes are still vital to the story. ACK! What can I say? I just loved King Perry so damn much. I'm getting ferklempt.

Old 06-30-2013, 08:21 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,000,011 times
Trying to read The Dark Side of Camelot. Anything about JFK's White House years interests me. Anyone read Class and Power (think that's the title). Pretty good book...

Old 06-30-2013, 10:16 PM

2 posts, read 2,851 times
Default What am I reading?

Here was my summer reading list...

1. War Room (Mens Devotional - Going to get it this week)
2. Momentum (Just Starting) - Recommendations from really good people
3. VINCE FLYNN (Gonna start this late author's books, based on recommendations from a great friend)
4. Whispered Secrets of the South: Montevallo, Alabama (Just Finished) - Fun Book Series.
5. Tornado Valley: Huntsville's Havoc (Finished) - A must read for weather fans, especially in Alabama.

Old 07-01-2013, 08:00 AM

My Antonia by Willa Cather. I've never read it.

Last edited by DawnMTL; 07-01-2013 at 08:34 AM..

Old 07-01-2013, 11:06 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,316,797 times
So here's a weird thing about my never-ending Kindle book - I did not understand why I had so much further to go. The book was 500 plus pages but as I was nearing the end of the pages, I still had 50 percent or so to go according to the Kindle. Then I got to the end of the book, and a Q and A with the authors, and I guess there is a promo for the next book or something. Although how that could account for almost 50 percent I don't know. Is this common? The book was okay but I would have enjoyed it more knowing it had an ending. I would practically have a heart attack when I would see how few percentage I was into it. I didn't know what to believe - the percentage on the Kindle app or the page numbers it was telling me.

Anyway I finished that book, I am not going to read the free whatever it is yet. I'm going to move on to a real paperback book. American Rust. I am so looking forward to it based on the reviews and the blurbs.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:36 PM

64 posts, read 205,047 times
Tidal by Amada Hocking

Old 07-01-2013, 12:50 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,315,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
So here's a weird thing about my never-ending Kindle book - I did not understand why I had so much further to go. The book was 500 plus pages but as I was nearing the end of the pages, I still had 50 percent or so to go according to the Kindle. Then I got to the end of the book, and a Q and A with the authors, and I guess there is a promo for the next book or something. Although how that could account for almost 50 percent I don't know. Is this common? The book was okay but I would have enjoyed it more knowing it had an ending. I would practically have a heart attack when I would see how few percentage I was into it. I didn't know what to believe - the percentage on the Kindle app or the page numbers it was telling me.

Anyway I finished that book, I am not going to read the free whatever it is yet. I'm going to move on to a real paperback book. American Rust. I am so looking forward to it based on the reviews and the blurbs.
No, Net, that is not usual for kindle books. I can sure understand your frustration with half the book being a come-on for another of the author's books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books