Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 09:38 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,832,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
So, has anyone seen One for the Money yet???

Evanovich's books are mind candy for me - I really enjoy them. So I'm so afraid that the story and characters have been ruined by the movie. It seems like spectacularly bad casting all around.
I haven't seen it, and probably won't. The Stephanie Plum books are deliciously fluffy mind candy and I love them -- but casting Katherine Heigl was an awful choice.

My friends and I always thought that it would be a perfect role for Sandra Bullock. Unfortunately, she's too old for it now.

Ah, well .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2012, 09:38 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
OMG OMG OMG OMG!

I have never read any of her books (and I won't), nor have I seen the movie (and I won't), but I'm deeply, deeply, DEEPLY in lust with Daniel Sunjata.

He was in the TV show Rescue Me. He was a firefighter (swoooooon!) in the show. On the few occasions that he took off his shirt, I *may* have fainted. But that's not important. You need only look into that man's eyes to fall hard for him. His speech pattern and this weird thing he'd do with his mouth when he spoke -- and maybe that was just for the TV show and is not really him -- bothered me, but with a face (and body!) like that, you just have to say "Nobody's PERFECT!" and continue on with your infatuation.

I need to compose myself now. Sorry.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:58 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
Marissa Tomei would make a good Stephanie but she's too old now, too. Betty White would have been good a Grandma Mazur but she was probably too busy with her TV show.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:21 PM

17,366 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
OMG OMG OMG OMG!

I have never read any of her books (and I won't), nor have I seen the movie (and I won't), but I'm deeply, deeply, DEEPLY in lust with Daniel Sunjata.

He was in the TV show Rescue Me. He was a firefighter (swoooooon!) in the show. On the few occasions that he took off his shirt, I *may* have fainted. But that's not important. You need only look into that man's eyes to fall hard for him. His speech pattern and this weird thing he'd do with his mouth when he spoke -- and maybe that was just for the TV show and is not really him -- bothered me, but with a face (and body!) like that, you just have to say "Nobody's PERFECT!" and continue on with your infatuation.

I need to compose myself now. Sorry.
O.k., I have no idea who Daniel Sunjata is, but I have got to see this guy.

He sounds incredible.

Old 01-26-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
O.k., I have no idea who Daniel Sunjata is, but I have got to see this guy.

He sounds incredible.
Click here for a viewing!
And check out the dimples!!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Dani...K8SftweJ-_2iCw

Excuse me while I faint some more.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:32 PM

17,366 posts, read 16,511,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
Click here for a viewing!
And check out the dimples!!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=Dani...K8SftweJ-_2iCw

Excuse me while I faint some more.
Very nice .

Old 01-28-2012, 04:56 PM

1,013 posts, read 1,421,271 times
I'm looking forward to seeing it. A few of us girls are going on Tuesday

Old 01-28-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by House4kids View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing it. A few of us girls are going on Tuesday
Say "hi" to Daniel Sunjata for me!!!!

Thank you.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:07 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,653,737 times
I'm going this coming weekend! I definitely didn't agree with casting Katherine Heigl - I always pictured Stephanie as more of a size 12 or 14, not 4 - but I'm willing to see how it goes.

I loooooved Jason O'Mara in Life on Mars, but he seems too old to play Morelli. I pictured Morelli more... smooth, I guess. More like Ralph Macchio, but tougher, in his late 20s or something like that. (hey, I'm an '80s girl, can you tell?) I can't think of anyone contemporary.

I have turned many of my friends on to these books, even though I stopped around 11 or so. They are still some of the funniest books I've ever read!

I love the idea of Debbie Reynolds as Grandma! Especially thinking of her as Grace's mom on Will & Grace. ("Told ya so, told ya so - told ya, told ya, told ya so!")

Old 01-31-2012, 08:03 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,646,444 times
The books make you laugh out loud. The movie was a disappointment. poorly cast all around. The only characters that really seemed to fit were Sherry Shepherd as Lula and the man who played Vinnie. While I like Jason O'Mara, he was not Joe Morelli; nor was Daniel Sunjata Ranger. Both looked good, but did not match up the the picture of the characters that she paints in the books. Debbie Reynolds did not look old enough to be Grandma Mazur. She has had far too much facial work done. I had always questioned Katherine Heigl being cast as Stephanie and I just could not see her in the role. Not a well-acted movie either. save your money and wait for the redbox!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books