U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2012, 11:56 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,085,328 times

Advertisements

I tend to read a lot of stories from online sources, which I import into Calibre and then onto my Nook. I have too many stories for the shelving system to be of any use (as you have to scroll through all of your books/documents and there's simply too many.)

I want to be able to group these documents by source or genre, and then be able to view them by these groups. Right now they are showing up grouped by author in my documents on the Nook.

I know I can use tags to organize them any which way in Calibre, but that's not helpful at all because I'm not looking at them in Calibre. I KNOW there is a way to sort into folders by actually putting them into folders where Calibre stores the files, but I can't remember exactly how or find the website that explained it.

Any help? Or am I just missing an easier way?

(example of what I mean...say I download 5 fantasy steampunk stories and 3 history stories. I want to be able to put them into Calibre so that on the Nook they show up in my documents in a folder marked 'steampunk' and a folder marked 'history.' It would be even better if I could do sub folders...like a fiction folder with 'steampunk' and 'history' folders inside)

I love my Nook, but not being able to organize it properly is so very frustrating!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books