U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 12:50 AM

1,455 posts, read 3,713,153 times

Advertisements

I've been using PBS... I've mailed 6, and recieved 3, but I have 6 credits. I've been happy, though one book that I requested took 10 days for them to tell me it was no longer available.

I think the site is good for looking for books that have been hard to find.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 11:02 AM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
796 posts, read 2,614,377 times
Just wanted to bump this back up again.

It's a great website for Free hardback, paperback, & audio books. You post 10 books initially that you are offering to trade. You'll then get 3 points to get 3 books from someone else. 1 point per book. Everytime you send out one book that someone requests, you get 1 point when it's received by the requesting person.

I've never had any problems, always have received books that I've requested, and have also been able to complete some collections!

Use my email address as your referral: Shenandoah_Gifts@hotmail.com

Thanks!

blessings, Shen

Old 12-16-2007, 11:07 AM

Location: Milky Way Galaxy,Earth,Northern Hemisphere,North America,USA,Pennsyltucky
796 posts, read 2,614,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I started thinking that $3 a book to ship can add up fast...and all this time ive been buying paperbacks locally from 10cents to 50 cents apiece. So thats a big jump in price. Now i want to wait.
I just wanted to reply to this - continue to buy your books locally - I do too! But, there are some books that I just can't find at the local swap meets, yard sales, and Goodwill - so I go to PBS. The book itself is free, you just pay for postage when you're mailing books out. It's a savings for me, as I have book collections that I need to fill of my own, and this website is actually saving me from going on eBay and spending $9 - $10 on books.

blessings, Shen

Old 12-16-2007, 08:31 PM

3,943 posts, read 5,777,600 times
Thanks for the info. My only concern would be having to pay for the shipping myself also. Is Katie1 just stuck? It doesn't seem right. The people wanting the books should have to pay shipping, not the one giving the books away.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:50 AM

10,342 posts, read 23,043,477 times
I went and signed up and listed 10 books. But it only shows 2 credits. So maybe they changed something.
After reading all the info on postage,etc, it's not that bad really. I just added $5 to my PBS account so i can print out the wrapper including postage and just toss it in a mail box on my way out each day.

Some people on there have mailed out over 500-1,000 books or more. I bet that was a lot of postage! Wow. Maybe someday i'll get there too.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:59 AM

12,973 posts, read 33,887,468 times
Hi Well no I not stuck. But did give up...Postage killed me hehehehe!! They just added another site I tried DVD Swap [they already had CD Swap!] DVD cost $1.98 to mail! I never had cd so did not try that sister sight...
This site is way better than their old live chat rooms! At least for me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books