Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2010, 03:20 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,802,767 times

Advertisements

I just discovered J.R. Rain b/c I am using the Kindle app on my Droid. He's written several books with a good vampire as lead character. Then there's one with Elvis as a plastic surgery changed person who's a P.I. in L.A. and the ghost stories. Anyone else like his work?

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 08:42 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
I have not but checked my library and the don't have any of his books. His google presence leads me to wonder if he's not almost entirely a product of the web.....and maybe younger readers? Not sure.
Always appreciate tips to follow for new authors but hoping others chime in.

Last edited by Giesela; 12-27-2010 at 09:00 AM..

Old 12-27-2010, 10:57 AM

Like many new authors, he has cheaper Kindle books available, which is how I discovered him. His bio said he was a script writer in Hollywood for some years, doing both movies and TV. I would not call his stuff for young adults (I am 68).

Old 12-27-2010, 11:48 AM

33 posts, read 46,805 times
Thank you for sharing your new discovery! For whatever reason, I have always taken an interest in vampire stories. I just read some reviews of his books and I think that I am going to give one (or two) a try. His plot lines certainly seem interesting enough... So... do I start with Moon Dance or The Body Departed? Hmmmmmm.

Old 12-31-2010, 12:15 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,211,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I just discovered J.R. Rain b/c I am using the Kindle app on my Droid. He's written several books with a good vampire as lead character. Then there's one with Elvis as a plastic surgery changed person who's a P.I. in L.A. and the ghost stories. Anyone else like his work?
My first impression is that you hadn't read any and were asking for opinions. Now I get the impression that you have and asking what others thing..but you don't say how much you've read or whether you like it?

Old 12-31-2010, 12:38 PM

I've read all available on Kindle and I like it. I was just wondering if anyone else did, too. And recommending his work as well.

Old 01-02-2011, 02:33 PM

33 posts, read 46,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I've read all available on Kindle and I like it. I was just wondering if anyone else did, too. And recommending his work as well.
I ended up chosing The Body Departed for my first J.R. Rain novel and I enjoyed it. I will admit that there were some things in the book that made me a little uncomfortable, but not enough to stop reading it. I can see where the idea for this story could have come from his script writitng background. I have started his Vampire For Hire series and I find it to be a light, quick and enjoyable read.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:44 PM

1 posts, read 1,108 times
I have a new author to love...I too have started reading several of the J.R. Rain series (my first was Dark Horse, then The Mummy and I just finished Moon Dance) mainly because Belle is correct, they are cheap on Amazon for Kindle. I also like his brother, H.T. Night and just finished his Vampire Love Story. I can't wait to keep reading more from the both. I don't think they are geared toward the younger crowd either. I'm 43 and I like them. Happy Reading to all =)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books