Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2008, 11:40 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to find a book (actually, the author of said book) where a group of people, about 8, maybe college students (?) stumble upon a lot of money, and decide to split the money up, without telling anyone about finding it. After this happens, their lives start being impacted in a negative way. I know I'm not giving you much. I had it on my reading list, which has disappeared. The author has another book out that I was reading the reviews on, when I read that he had also written the one about the money. They had great reviews. I really want to read them. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 11:46 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I'm trying to find a book (actually, the author of said book) where a group of people, about 8, maybe college students (?) stumble upon a lot of money, and decide to split the money up, without telling anyone about finding it. After this happens, their lives start being impacted in a negative way. I know I'm not giving you much. I had it on my reading list, which has disappeared. The author has another book out that I was reading the reviews on, when I read that he had also written the one about the money. They had great reviews. I really want to read them. Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?
I saw a movie like that once but they were English young people and they lived in the same apartment, Ewan Mcgregor was in it as a young man. Its called "Shallow Grave", awesome flick. Christopher Eccleston was also in it, he played Dr. Who for a couple years.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:47 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,046,634 times
I like Doctor Who. I liked those ones where they're on a space station and an alien is broadcasting signals to Earth. They should make a book about those episodes.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:34 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
I remember a book very very close to it called "A Simple Plan." It wasn't 8 college students if I remember correctly. It was turned into a movie but I don't recall ever seeing it. Perhaps that's the one you are thinking of?

Old 01-23-2008, 07:12 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,696,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I remember a book very very close to it called "A Simple Plan." It wasn't 8 college students if I remember correctly. It was turned into a movie but I don't recall ever seeing it. Perhaps that's the one you are thinking of?
I didn't read the book, but the movie was outstanding! Bill Paxton and Billy Bob Thornton play the leads.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:44 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,615,586 times
I agree the poster is thinking of "Shallow Grave" which is a favorite of mine. Not sure if that is what the book was actually called. Also agree, ''Simple Plan''-great film,Billy Bob stole the show.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:39 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,374,256 times
Default Thats it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Thank you so much. I did have a thought in my head that it involved a crashed plane, but I thought that was probably part of the other book (The Ruins). I was confusing the two. The Ruins had the group of people I was thinking about. I can't wait to read A Simple Plan, then to see the movie. Have any of you read The Ruins also?

I appreciate all of your help posters!

Old 01-23-2008, 05:26 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,696,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
Thank you so much. I did have a thought in my head that it involved a crashed plane, but I thought that was probably part of the other book (The Ruins). I was confusing the two. The Ruins had the group of people I was thinking about. I can't wait to read A Simple Plan, then to see the movie. Have any of you read The Ruins also?

I appreciate all of your help posters!
A Simple Plan does involve a crashed plane. That's all I'm going to say, I don't want to give too much away. Enjoy the movie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books