Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 07:49 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,218,022 times

Advertisements

Is anyone else having trouble getting the Oprah class to work right? I signed on, but then the screen freezes up for quite some time. It's really frustrating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 10:46 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,445,190 times
Default Me, too

You know, when I tried-out the webcast on Sunday night, it worked perfectly (I even caught the segment featuring Marc Jacobs from a good while back). NO problem-o.

Tonight, I logged in as class started, and everything went well for about 15 minutes, and then my computer shut the site down? I was able to log back in, but the video screen was black and there was no sound. When I tried some of the trouble-shooting suggestions, to no avail, I got frustrated and just stopped trying.

I'm not too sure about this.

When I could see/hear at the beginning, Oprah's over-exhuberance was wearing thin, I thought, and when Tolle finally spoke, he was so soft-spoken and monotonous, until I think 90 minutes of this would have bored me to tears.

I recall saying I'd try anything once. That may have been it, for me.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:43 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,715,999 times
I was watching the Barbara Walters Special on the Royal Family and completely forgot about Oprah's class!
I had a feeling that there may be some technical difficulties with 500,000 plus people attempting to log on. What a shame.
You can catch Eckart Tolle on YouTube. There are some very informative video clips of him speaking.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:30 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,112,167 times
I haven't been following this thread, but thought those of you interested in Tolle might enjoy reading Robert Genn's piece in his daily. Genn is a painter who shares some of his thoughts on what he calls "The Painter's Key."

It seems Tolle has made quite an impression on many folks.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:26 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,715,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I haven't been following this thread, but thought those of you interested in Tolle might enjoy reading Robert Genn's piece in his daily. Genn is a painter who shares some of his thoughts on what he calls "The Painter's Key."

It seems Tolle has made quite an impression on many folks.
Great site! Thank you for the link.
I love this line:
" Amateurism can induce clear sight and creative optimism."
So true!

Old 03-04-2008, 03:11 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,608,720 times
Default About last nite......

All those people with Consciousness attuned at one time, what a sacred Universal prayer it was. yes, bugs in the works last nite,(computer overload) but a possible life changing event. You can go to Oprah.com right now and watch (for free) the entire show.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:47 PM

240 posts, read 1,284,389 times
I was so disappointed last evening when, 20 minutes into the webcast, the audio/video started pausing. I finally gave up 20 minutes later.

As I posted previously (Feb. 29th), I figured with that many people logging on to the website, there might be problems. So, wasn't surprised, just disappointed. Glad that the video can be downloaded. On iTunes you can subscribe for the entire series and it'll automatically download when you log in. But today it took over 45 minutes for the video to download.

For those of you interested in seeing more of Eckhart Tolle, this weekend, Friday March 7th and Saturday March 8th, he will be appearing in person at the Marin Civic Center in San Rafael, CA. Sounds True is offering a live webcast of those two appearances for a $40 fee. (You have to wonder if they'll have problems with their live webcast as well!) However, for that $40 you get to download the audio of those two talks plus have access to the video on their website for further viewing for one month.

This will just be Eckhart Tolle speaking, alone on stage, without Oprah. I like Oprah but I think she talked waaaay too much last night.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
All those people with Consciousness attuned at one time, what a sacred Universal prayer it was. yes, bugs in the works last nite,(computer overload) but a possible life changing event. You can go to Oprah.com right now and watch (for free) the entire show.
You're absolutely right. It's astonishing when you think about that many people coming together for one purpose.

Very special. Very promising or, dare I say, hopeful?

ontheroad, thanks for the link to Robert Genn's website. Loved the story about his daughter and her spontaneous creativity.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:10 PM

4,596 posts, read 11,445,190 times
Oprah does that quite often, I think. Talks waaaaaaaaay too much, and never lets her guests get a word in edge-wise. I became less enamored of her years ago when she always appeared to be on one soapbox or another, and felt like if I didn't agree with her, I was wrong or something.

Sometimes I think the lead-in for her show should be "it's all about Oprah!"

Anyway, I still contend I'll try anything once, and that was it.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post

Sometimes I think the lead-in for her show should be "it's all about Oprah!"

Anyway, I still contend I'll try anything once, and that was it.
That's funny! But I guess she's doing something right. I mean, after all, she's been talking a looooong time now. And she still has an audience.

I seldom watch her; I did many many moons ago but I guess my attention span is short or something because she didn't hold it for long.

But don't give up on Eckhart! I'm sure you noticed how soft-spoken he is. Oprah's problem, if she has a problem (it's debatable), is that she appears not to be listening to his message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books