Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 04:44 PM

30,500 posts, read 16,206,257 times

Advertisements

finished Y a couple of days ago.

Is Z out yet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 09:46 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,114,067 times
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sue_Grafton

Publishing date for Z is 2019.

Based upon her publishing frequency I'll guess that will be late 2019.

Old 09-26-2017, 05:43 AM

hey, thanks for the link.

Kind of figured Z wouldn't be out for a few years. Didn't know Z would be for Zero. Wonder if that'll be the end of Kinsey and Grafton will move on to other characters.

Guess I'll have to wait to find out.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:17 AM

26,719 posts, read 26,787,779 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/books...fton-done.html

Old 09-26-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post

Kind of figured Z wouldn't be out for a few years. Didn't know Z would be for Zero. Wonder if that'll be the end of Kinsey and Grafton will move on to other characters.

Hey hippo, they have a whole series of books about things you don't know: Encyclopedia Britannica! I'm just kidding you and hope you don't take offense. Um, so far I think I'm up to either "D" or "E" in the Britannica!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
I've read other interviews where I recall Grafton stated that she definitely planned to slow down but might write some after "Z" is completed. I'm pretty sure she's done with the Kinsey series though. I would think it would be a relief to have closure.

Just remember that Grafton is now 77 years old and has been hitting it hard since an early age, first as a screenplay contributor, then screenplay author, and later moved on to novels because she hated Hollywood and all their nonsense. She hates Hollywood so much that she's told her children she will haunt them if they ever even consider selling the TV or movie rights to the alphabet series. Wow that's vindictive!

Old 09-26-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
oops-guess I forgot.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Hey hippo, they have a whole series of books about things you don't know: Encyclopedia Britannica! I'm just kidding you and hope you don't take offense. Um, so far I think I'm up to either "D" or "E" in the Britannica!

I've read other interviews where I recall Grafton stated that she definitely planned to slow down but might write some after "Z" is completed. I'm pretty sure she's done with the Kinsey series though. I would think it would be a relief to have closure.

Just remember that Grafton is now 77 years old and has been hitting it hard since an early age, first as a screenplay contributor, then screenplay author, and later moved on to novels because she hated Hollywood and all their nonsense. She hates Hollywood so much that she's told her children she will haunt them if they ever even consider selling the TV or movie rights to the alphabet series. Wow that's vindictive!
yea I know about the Encyclopedia Britannica. I just don't see a comparison between an encyclopedia and a fictional detective.
yea, that's what Wikipedia said.

Old 09-26-2017, 03:19 PM

Just remember, I think I read those comments in various interviews. I think she's done with Kinsey, I think she might do a few other projects from time to time, but I doubt she has any aspirations to continue on as a full time author. (Not that I have any knowledge of her writing habits.)

By the way, she was the editor for a good book for writers, covering the aspects of professional writing. I read it some years ago. I still aspire to write a novel (no, not the "Great American Novel" but rather just some fun books aimed at the fantasy genre).

Old 09-26-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
yea, that's what Wikipedia said.

I'm gonna have to file a lawsuit against Wikipedia for stealing my intellectual property.......

Old 09-26-2017, 05:55 PM

9,976 posts, read 5,673,914 times
Quote:

She's pretty much done. She's old and her health has been a little shaky as of late.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books