Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 02:40 PM

4,242 posts, read 947,221 times

Advertisements

Wishing you all the best ((southkakkatlantan))

I can only imagine how much you are hurting. Go, take wonderful care of yourself, and remember that there is still lot of good in this world, though it may be hard to see or feel now.

I agree with Eat, Pray, Love - beautiful book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2017, 02:45 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
The best thing you can possibly do is go on this vacation. Get away live life a bit and focus on the moment rather than your relationship.
This are my thoughts as well. Why drown yourself with reading material relating to what you just went through and/or some type of self-help book.

OP: you did nothing wrong. Go on your planned vacation, meet new people and experience new adventures. You may not feel as though you have the emotional energy to proceed; but once you're on your way I'm positive you'll be okay . . and just having the change of scenery is good for you.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes!

Old 06-25-2017, 03:02 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Check out the local meet-up groups, there are a lot of yoga in the park and on the beach type things going on.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-25-2017, 05:47 PM

612 posts, read 1,513,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
The title may actually be a tad bit misleading.

I just had my (edited: now ex) boyfriend tell me this and yes I'm [extremely] hurt and going through a lot right now. I'm so drained I can't even post about the situation.

However....I have a 10 day trip planned in just 3 days. My first vacation of the year. I was looking forward to this trip and now I want to cancel as I have no energy to plan the rest of my vacation let alone take these flights to get there and back. I'm going alone. I desperately cannot spend the trip like I've spent the last week....in bed holed up in my room the whole time and not eating, drinking or sleeping.

I'm hoping for some suggestions on how best to get through this trip alone. Specifically, I am wondering if people can recommend any reading material for my flight and for while I'm gone. I have Amazon Prime and just enough time to order a few books to take with me.

They can be about breaking up or when someone tells you they aren't actually in love with you...or they can be more general books about bettering yourself or getting through bad times. I'm even open to books that are more spiritual based, about meditation and relaxing (I haven't slept in 5 days), etc. Anything that would be an empowering read would be helpful for me right now.

Thanks in advance.
I came across this poem when I was going through such times as yours. It helped me so thought of sharing with you - https://lifehacks.io/wp-content/uplo...a-Zebian-2.jpg

The author Najwa Zebian has many other good poems if you google. Hope this helps you.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:49 PM

4,218 posts, read 4,741,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticStar View Post
I came across this poem when I was going through such times as yours. It helped me so thought of sharing with you - https://lifehacks.io/wp-content/uplo...a-Zebian-2.jpg

The author Najwa Zebian has many other good poems if you google. Hope this helps you.
Thank you.

Old 06-27-2017, 05:38 PM

365 posts, read 258,162 times
Ugh! That is what my ex-wife told me just before she moved out to be with her lover boy.

Yes, find a few improving books to read and something fun to read also.

If you were a guy I would recommend the movie "Bye Bye Love".

Old 06-28-2017, 07:20 AM

651 posts, read 407,750 times
I see the thread discussion is different from the title, but as to the whole "love, but not in love" business I kinda always had a problem with that statement. I dont really know what that means. I think what someone really saying is that "you're a good person and I respect you but at the same time I dont really want to be with you". And it seems like people often confuse that for "love", intentionally or not.

Old 06-28-2017, 07:40 AM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,112 times
Not sure why everyone is recommending "inspirational" books, you need escapism. Read thrillers or murder mysteries or something funny not some sappy love story. Better yet you're going to Hawaii, enjoy all it has to offer. For most people it's a once in a lifetime vacation, don't waste it pining away on some loser who didn't realize how good he had it. Have fun!

Old 06-28-2017, 08:08 AM

888 posts, read 555,423 times
Do not cancel the vacation. Go. Try to have fun. Don't just sit in the hotel room sad and reading self help books, get out and enjoy it. It may be just what you need.

I have actually travelled alone before, by choice, and it's really not bad, you can do whatever you want and not worry about having to be on anyone else's agenda.

Old 06-28-2017, 08:08 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Go on the trip and have a great time!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books