U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 02:17 PM

17,335 posts, read 28,353,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromupthere View Post
Hanging my head in shame for my wording.

Glad I'm not the only one who says things that make you go .
There's no shame. Look what I said to my husband. That wasn't even just a wording "error" -- it was mildly (OK, not just mildly... HUGELY) stupid. By the way, every year since then, as we approach his birthday, he says to me, "Oh! Do you know when my birthday falls this year? Between Christmas and New Year's! Again! Can you even believe it???"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 03:00 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,900,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
There's no shame. Look what I said to my husband. That wasn't even just a wording "error" -- it was mildly (OK, not just mildly... HUGELY) stupid. By the way, every year since then, as we approach his birthday, he says to me, "Oh! Do you know when my birthday falls this year? Between Christmas and New Year's! Again! Can you even believe it???"
I should just be thinking about what I type before I type it because of my career.

Love that Jeremy says that to you every year! That's awesome!!!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I should just be thinking about what I type before I type it because of my career.

S, do you have any idea how many typos and grammatical errors and wrong words I use here? Hundreds. Thousands! MILLIONS!!! It's on online forum. It's fun. Who cares?

I write and edit for a living. People PAY me to do that! This here -- City Data -- this is for our amusement. We should only proofread our stuff here when City Data starts paying us. I don't want this to feel like (gasp!) work. Feh!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:43 PM

Quote:
S, do you have any idea how many typos and grammatical errors and wrong words I use here? Hundreds. Thousands! MILLIONS!!! It's on online forum. It's fun. Who cares?

I write and edit for a living. People PAY me to do that! This here -- City Data -- this is for our amusement. We should only proofread our stuff here when City Data starts paying us. I don't want this to feel like (gasp!) work. Feh!
Alright, alright! you are SOOOO right!! I shouldn't care. I know longer due. Woo hoo!!!!!!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Alright, alright! you are SOOOO right!! I shouldn't care. I know longer due. Woo hoo!!!!!!
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-16-2012, 11:46 AM

My excitement level for this book has been disturbed. I got my email saying my order had shipped which made me . But then I read it and the estimated delivery date is Nov 26-Dec 11. Don't they know I wanted it yesterday?!?! considering I got Come, Thou Tortoise much sooner than the predicted date, I'm holding out hope that the same happens again. Although I daresay I'd be a fool to think it'd be here tomorrow. bwahahahahaha!!

Old 11-17-2012, 01:22 PM

15,894 posts, read 15,909,244 times
Quote:
My excitement level for this book has been disturbed. I got my email saying my order had shipped which made me . But then I read it and the estimated delivery date is Nov 26-Dec 11. Don't they know I wanted it yesterday?!?! considering I got Come, Thou Tortoise much sooner than the predicted date, I'm holding out hope that the same happens again. Although I daresay I'd be a fool to think it'd be here tomorrow. bwahahahahaha!!
A lot of times they predict delivery dates way in the future. I think that is to keep us from raising a fuss. Then, all of sudden our goodies are here. I hope yours comes ASAP.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
A lot of times they predict delivery dates way in the future. I think that is to keep us from raising a fuss. Then, all of sudden our goodies are here. I hope yours comes ASAP.
I think you are probably right! I'm hoping for Monday. Seems like it'd be a good day to have it show up.

Old 11-19-2012, 08:38 AM

15,246 posts, read 17,627,381 times
Quote:

Quote:

These posts made me curious. I wonder how many Book Forum regulars also write for a living? I started out as a newspaper reporter and now research and write in a specialized field. Not that you'd know that from my posts on here.

Buy anyway, how many other writers are here? Whether professionally, for fun, now, or in the past?

Old 11-19-2012, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
These posts made me curious. I wonder how many Book Forum regulars also write for a living? I started out as a newspaper reporter and now research and write in a specialized field. Not that you'd know that from my posts on here.

Buy anyway, how many other writers are here? Whether professionally, for fun, now, or in the past?
I used to write. I used to love to write stories and poems. Then I went to college. Got into journalism for a major. It really tarnished my passion for writing. I hated being told what to write and when to finish it. I'm not sure I've really written much for pleasure since I graduated from college 18 years ago. I still have stories I wrote though. I loved the local college hockey team, and actually wrote poems about the team and some of teh individual players when I was in junior high. My grandma sent copies to the head coach. I was so embarrassed!! Still am today! But I still have those poems and the letter the coach sent me. I reconnected with a childhood friend and she told me she always loved reading my stories. At some point, when I'm not being lazy, I intend to copy all the stories for her. She's probably the only person (besides myself) that has read those stories. Now for my career I am a medical transcriptionist/editor.

ETA: I'm grumbling about my book I ordered that I wrote about in previous posts. I can't even track my package! Ugh!! This is really going to be a painful wait for its arrival. (grumble, grumble, grumble)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or