U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Independence Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2019, 06:37 PM

5,257 posts, read 7,438,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
What??? No! Is it possible that you have the One-Click option set up AND that you accidentally clicked it?
Hi, Dawn. No, I didn't know that existed. I'm going to have to be diligent and check my downloads from my library on Amazon every day or so. I removed my credit card number and changed my password. I try not to use Amazon and buy directly from sellers as a rule..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2019, 07:23 PM

17,335 posts, read 28,353,422 times
Also, turn your Kindle's WiFi on. If you did, in fact, download books from Amazon, they should download to your Kindle. You can also look on Amazon "Your Content and Devices" from the "Account" dropdown and they should be listed. If they're not listed, then you absolutely didn't buy them and should not be charged.

Old 07-20-2019, 08:01 PM

5,257 posts, read 7,438,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMTL View Post
Also, turn your Kindle's WiFi on. If you did, in fact, download books from Amazon, they should download to your Kindle. You can also look on Amazon "Your Content and Devices" from the "Account" dropdown and they should be listed. If they're not listed, then you absolutely didn't buy them and should not be charged.
I've checked everything. The books never downloaded to my Kindle. If they had, I would have known immediately and would at least be in the seven day return period. The whole situation was fully explained to Amazon.

Old 07-20-2019, 08:19 PM

17,335 posts, read 28,353,422 times
Bizarre!!!! And infuriating!!!!

Old 09-06-2019, 01:29 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,137,586 times
Random vent......why don't more authors who write series include a brief summary of what came in the previous books at the beginning of a new installment? I'm about 10% in to Book 5 of a series - it just came out this week - and am struggling to follow it since the previous book came out over a year ago. I read a lot so my memory could use a refresher. I know, First World Problem, but it would be nice!

Old 10-10-2019, 02:06 AM

2 posts, read 581 times
Default Books forums or meeting with authors

I always sorry of not having time to visit interesting events like book forum or "alive" conversation with my favorite writers
I have a reminder on my phone, but it does not work for me. I guess I need someone to remind me, oops
I just wondering if anyone knows an upcoming event, I'd like to visit, lots of thanks

Old 02-25-2020, 12:43 AM

1 posts, read 151 times
I am pretty much pleased with your good work.

Old 05-30-2020, 09:28 AM

1 posts, read 40 times
Default Funny Children's Book

Found new cheap e-book on Amazon about stomach aches and digestion. Better then some of the more expensive ones and my child loves the illustration. It's called When My Tummy Talks to Me. Even left a review, which I never do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or