U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2019, 07:22 AM

36,676 posts, read 22,983,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHere View Post
The airplane mode only works if your device only uses WiFi. If it is a phone tablet or kindle or nook that has 3g or 4g it won’t keep the book. If it is a book that isn’t on hold you can often extend the time or reborrow. I don’t know a way of choosing your load length. Mine is always two weeks.

Mine is a Kindle Fire, wifi only. For the first 5 years or so if I had it on airplane mode I could keeps books longer than the check out date, then at some point that stopped working. Some self-destruct time or something.

The load length is in the overdrive app (on my android), you go into the library, and settings, and poke around until you see the borrow time.

Edit: I just checked on my computer signed into my library, >My Account>Settings>General>Lending Period
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books