Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2019, 10:00 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times

Advertisements

And I love the illustrations!

Thrillers
Cari Mora by Thomas Harris, Beyond All Reasonable Doubt by Malin Persson Giolito, A Nearly Normal Family by M.T. Edvardsson, All the Lost Things by Michelle Sacks, Into the Jungle by Erica Ferencik, The Paper Wasp by Lauren Acampora, Temper by Layne Fargo

Travel
Seven at Sea by Erik Orton and Emily Orton, The Salt Path by Raynor Winn, This Much Country by Kristin Knight Pace, In Putin's Footsteps by Nina Khruscheva and Jeffrey Tayler, Lotharingia by Simon Winder, Ottoman Odyssey by Alev Scott Volcanoes, Palm Trees and Privilege by Liz Prato, Pagan Light by Jamie James, See You in the Piazza by Frances Mayes, Off the Rails by Beppe Severgnini, Monsieur Mediocre by John von Sothen, A Year in Paris by John Baxter

Horror
The Hunger by Alma Katsu, Little Darlings by Melanie Golding, Song for the Unraveling of the World by Brian Evenson, The Nest by Gregory A. Douglas, When Darkness Loves Us by Elizabeth Engstrom, The Laws of the Skies by Grégoire Courtois, Inspection by Josh Malerman, Flight or Fright edited by Stephen King and Bev Vincent

Historical Fiction
The Daughter's Tale by Lucas Correa, Mistress of the Ritz by Melanie Benjamin, The Spies of Shilling Lane by Jennifer Ryan, A Bend in the Stars by Rachel Barenbaum, The Red Daughter by John Burhham Schwartz, American Princess by Stephanie Marie Thornton, Paris, 7 A.M. by Liza Wieland

And many more - with summaries/commentary:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...thrillers.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2019, 10:40 PM

3,839 posts, read 1,788,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
And I love the illustrations!

Thrillers
Cari Mora by Thomas Harris, Beyond All Reasonable Doubt by Malin Persson Giolito, A Nearly Normal Family by M.T. Edvardsson, All the Lost Things by Michelle Sacks, Into the Jungle by Erica Ferencik, The Paper Wasp by Lauren Acampora, Temper by Layne Fargo

Travel
Seven at Sea by Erik Orton and Emily Orton, The Salt Path by Raynor Winn, This Much Country by Kristin Knight Pace, In Putin's Footsteps by Nina Khruscheva and Jeffrey Tayler, Lotharingia by Simon Winder, Ottoman Odyssey by Alev Scott Volcanoes, Palm Trees and Privilege by Liz Prato, Pagan Light by Jamie James, See You in the Piazza by Frances Mayes, Off the Rails by Beppe Severgnini, Monsieur Mediocre by John von Sothen, A Year in Paris by John Baxter

Horror
The Hunger by Alma Katsu, Little Darlings by Melanie Golding, Song for the Unraveling of the World by Brian Evenson, The Nest by Gregory A. Douglas, When Darkness Loves Us by Elizabeth Engstrom, The Laws of the Skies by Grégoire Courtois, Inspection by Josh Malerman, Flight or Fright edited by Stephen King and Bev Vincent

Historical Fiction
The Daughter's Tale by Lucas Correa, Mistress of the Ritz by Melanie Benjamin, The Spies of Shilling Lane by Jennifer Ryan, A Bend in the Stars by Rachel Barenbaum, The Red Daughter by John Burhham Schwartz, American Princess by Stephanie Marie Thornton, Paris, 7 A.M. by Liza Wieland

And many more - with summaries/commentary:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...thrillers.html

I have "A Bend in the Stars" on hold at the library will be 6 months before I can read it.

Tried to read "A Mistress of the Ritz" and didn't finish it, not very interesting.

Thanks for the list.

Old 09-15-2019, 05:50 AM

21 posts, read 11,394 times
I trust the New York Times
They have editors who choose books with all objectivity and excellence
I think it is a wonderful group of nominations
I salute you on this subject
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books