U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2019, 07:32 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
3,572 posts, read 5,438,789 times

Advertisements

With The Witcher series coming to Netflix sometime in the near future I thought I would look into reading the books. If you have read them (some or all), how are they, say, compared to The Song of Ice and Fire or The Wheel of Time?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 10:06 PM

1,456 posts, read 303,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmozer View Post
With The Witcher series coming to Netflix sometime in the near future I thought I would look into reading the books. If you have read them (some or all), how are they, say, compared to The Song of Ice and Fire or The Wheel of Time?
Not read them (not really my kind of thing) but I got chatting to one of the regular commuters on the train I take to work and he is reading the whole series in order. Last time I saw him, he was on book 6 and singing their praises left, right, and centre. If I could bring myself to enjoy this sort of fantasy, I'd have devoured these books on his recommendation alone, as he seems to know his stuff and so far we've not much disagreed on books and authors, with both of us having otherwise similar tastes and sensibilities when it comes to literature.

Old 09-09-2019, 11:53 AM

I am 1/4 through the first book (Blood of Elves) and am enjoying it. I plan to try to read as many as possible before the series airs........

Old 09-09-2019, 09:17 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,198,731 times
Quote:
I am 1/4 through the first book (Blood of Elves) and am enjoying it. I plan to try to read as many as possible before the series airs........
I hadn't heard of it beofer seeing your thread but am now interested, particualrly as someone of Polish descent. I'm thinking of adding to my Kindle queue....pleasde keep us updated on how you like the series!

Old 09-13-2019, 06:36 PM

Finished book 1. Liked it a lot. Moving onto the second in the book series......

Old 09-13-2019, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Finished book 1. Liked it a lot. Moving onto the second in the book series......
That's brilliant I knew my train acquaintance had a great taste in books.

Old 09-13-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itzpapalotl View Post
That's brilliant I knew my train acquaintance had a great taste in books.
Or at least similar tastes to me.....

If you like the books Lord of the Rings, Wheel of Time, Harry Potter, Song of Fire and Ice, etc., I think you will like The Witcher series.

Old 09-14-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Or at least similar tastes to me.....

If you like the books Lord of the Rings, Wheel of Time, Harry Potter, Song of Fire and Ice, etc., I think you will like The Witcher series.
Well two out of 4 ain't bad If I get to it, I'll let you know what I think.

Old 09-18-2019, 02:51 PM

I am almost through 3/4 of the second book in the series. Not liking it as much as the first.......

Old 09-18-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
I am almost through 3/4 of the second book in the series. Not liking it as much as the first.......
Well, at least you enjoyed one of them. Are you thinking of sticking with the series or will you try something else after this one? What other genres do you like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or