Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2019, 02:35 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times

Advertisements

Please share.My #1 fav has to be~Honeysuckle Hollow
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...om_search=true

Some others~An Olive Grove at the Edge of the World: How two American city boys built a new life in rural New Zealand
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...e-of-the-world
Good Sam
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35122165-good-sam
Sugar Pine Trail
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...gar-pine-trail
The Dress Shop of Dreams
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...shop-of-dreams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2019, 06:54 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
ILLUSIONS:The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah ..... Richard Bach

Old 09-11-2019, 04:23 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post

That was really good. I've read almost all of Menna van Praag's books. "The House at the End of Hope Street" was my favorite. If you like her books think you'd like Sarah Addison Allen's books too. When I need a pick me up type book I turn to Fannie Flagg. She's my comfort author, any of her Elmwood Springs books.

Old 09-11-2019, 04:25 AM

1,096 posts, read 418,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

Yes!! Fantastic!

Old 09-11-2019, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post
That was really good. I've read almost all of Menna van Praag's books. "The House at the End of Hope Street" was my favorite. If you like her books think you'd like Sarah Addison Allen's books too. When I need a pick me up type book I turn to Fannie Flagg. She's my comfort author, any of her Elmwood Springs books.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 10-13-2019, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemoments View Post

So far the only book that I have read by Fannie Flagg is~The All-Girl Filling Station's Last Reunion and I loved it, rated it 5-stars! Will have to check out others.

Old 10-14-2019, 05:44 AM

11,479 posts, read 9,144,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
downloaded the kindle. 144 pages - should be quick.

Old 10-14-2019, 09:17 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
a lot of books . Unsaid by Neil Abramson , Saving Fish from drowning by amy tan , The boston girl by anita diamant , saving cee cee Honeycutt , so so far away by meg fowler , One thousand white women by jim Fergus ,fried green tomatoes at the whistlestop café by fannie flagg , bitsys bait and bbq by billie letts . there are several but just cant remember .

Old 10-14-2019, 11:58 AM

1,456 posts, read 515,823 times
Gotta be Terry Pratchett. If I'm feeling down or things aren't going to plan, I can always rely on Discworld to bring some perspective and sorely missed humour back into my life. I've read all of Pratchett's books and re-read certain others countless number of times. They are a kaleidoscope of observations, and I think I'll keep on turning those pages for as long as I can, for the pictures that emerge continue to surprise me each and every time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books