U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2019, 08:32 PM

16,007 posts, read 26,402,819 times

Advertisements

I just finished reading Robyn Crawfords, A Song for You, story of her journey with Whitney Houston.
I dont know whay I had wanted to read it, I wasnt a Whitney fan, I did not like the sound of her voice, I know she was a great singer, just not to my ears.
All her songs, obviously, I knew, but just didnt like the sound of her voice.

The book was good, I did enjoy it. I saw a you tube of Robyn on Wendy Williams, which was good, because, hearing her talk on the hosw, was as if she herself was narating the book, that to me, made it better.

Cissy Houston, ther was no other way to explain her, the chick was a B.............sorry, I didnt think, from Robyns perspective she was a nice person.

The only thing I found a little "off" was RC was in the entertainment industry for years and years, after she left Nippy Inc, she seemed to not work for a period, or had menial jobs, like she stated, working on a farm????
Then from people she knew went back to that world again, so it was a little confusing. Im thinking the book was not a minute by minute life story, but occurences she remembered???

needless to say, I enjoyed it and read it fast, as it was an easy read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or