Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2009, 09:03 PM

659 posts, read 1,759,836 times

Advertisements

So... my husband has been an F. Paul Wilson fan for quite some time - pretty much read everything that guy has ever put pen to paper, and he's been bugging the you-know-what out of me to start reading them.

I finally picked up The Keep - and that is a pretty freakin' awesome book!! I'm not done with it yet, but I really like it. Pacing is great, characters are well developed without going into sub-character bios ad nauseum and the denoument is fabulous (OK - am I a total book nerd or WHAT???).

I just want to hear from all the other F. Paul Wilson fans.

I'm a pretty big snob about writing and tend to pick apart even the most seasoned writer (cough *Peter Straub* cough) , but I really have NO complaints with Mr. Wilson's writing or story-telling.

Thoughts from my fellow book nerds??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 09:49 PM

285 posts, read 616,407 times
Check out his Repairman Jack series too. A Lotta fun as well as really good reads! All the points of his really excellent writing and character development and you just can't help liking Jack.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:29 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times
The Keep was good. Midnight Mass was good.

The Tomb is AWESOME. I really enjoyed most of the Repairman Jack books, but the last few haven't quite grabbed me as much.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:16 PM

659 posts, read 1,759,836 times
My husband says that there are things that occur in the RJ series that tie back to The Keep.

True story??

Thanks!

Old 04-17-2009, 07:13 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinitegirl View Post
My husband says that there are things that occur in the RJ series that tie back to The Keep.

True story??
Yes, very much so.

The tie-in doesn't become apparent until a few books into the series. The later books... it's all about the tie-in.

In fact, in the recent editions of the Jack books, there is a timeline in the back showing how The Keep, Nightworld, etc. all fit into the Jack books.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books