U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-02-2007, 07:07 AM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,194 posts, read 25,465,643 times
Reputation: 3898

Advertisements

If anyone is interested in poetry, this is poetry month. Each day for the entire month I receive new and old poems from Knopf in my mailbox (online).

Here's the info in case any one else might be interested.

http://www.randomhouse.com/knopf/ene...02_piercy.html
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-02-2007, 10:57 AM
 
Location: a primitive state
10,322 posts, read 21,245,310 times
Reputation: 13831
I like the elm poem.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2007, 01:35 PM
 
Location: NOVA - retiring to OKlahoma
569 posts, read 1,158,637 times
Reputation: 354
There once was a man from Nantucket.

That carried his &@(($ in a bucket.

Uh, never mind.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2007, 01:43 PM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,194 posts, read 25,465,643 times
Reputation: 3898
I remember that one! And in fact will be there in May!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdbeard5 View Post
There once was a man from Nantucket.

That carried his &@(($ in a bucket.

Uh, never mind.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2007, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,194 posts, read 25,465,643 times
Reputation: 3898
Glad it appealed to you!!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I like the elm poem.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2007, 02:41 PM
 
Location: The Bronx
1,587 posts, read 1,371,017 times
Reputation: 277
There was a young man of Peru,
Who had nothing whatever to do,
So he took out his carrot,
And diddled his parrot,
And sent the result to the zoo.

On a more serious note, I don't know Marge Piercy's poems. I read several of her novels. "Woman on the Edge of Time" is interesting.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2007, 04:52 PM
 
Location: in the southwest
13,395 posts, read 41,962,189 times
Reputation: 13411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post

On a more serious note, I don't know Marge Piercy's poems. I read several of her novels. "Woman on the Edge of Time" is interesting.
I read Gone To Soldiers.
I am not much into poetry, but I enjoy Edna St Vincent Millay, e.e. cummings, and William Carlos Williams.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2007, 04:54 PM
 
Location: Journey's End
10,194 posts, read 25,465,643 times
Reputation: 3898
Piercy's body of poetry might be better than her early novels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedalus View Post
There was a young man of Peru,
Who had nothing whatever to do,
So he took out his carrot,
And diddled his parrot,
And sent the result to the zoo.

On a more serious note, I don't know Marge Piercy's poems. I read several of her novels. "Woman on the Edge of Time" is interesting.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top