Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2009, 02:27 PM

114 posts, read 340,260 times

Advertisements

anyone reading this? I'm about halfway through and would love someone to talk with about it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2009, 07:05 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,350,894 times
when I found out that Del Toro was coming out w/ a book, I was seriously excited to see what he'd come up with. the day it came out, I checked it out at a book store and was dismayed to see that it was yet ANOTHER book about vampires! . as much as I want to read this book, I've currently met my vampire quota for the year (decade!). maybe I'll change my mind and take another look at it in the fall or wait for more reviews from other people

Old 07-29-2009, 01:11 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,425 times
I'm the opposite. I have never read a vampire book, not even Dracula. While the premise of the Strain is intriguing, reviews have not been so good for this book.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:35 AM

114 posts, read 340,260 times
I have found the reviews to be mixed, but on the advice of a good friend I picked it up. I think it's a light, easy read with good character development. it's certainly not the most profound vamp book out there, but it's really good. it's broken up into little sections which helps the reading and also keeps me intrigued. it's not a book I can't put down, but I can't wait to pick it up each night to see what happens next. you should give it a shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books