Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 12:15 PM

444 posts, read 799,216 times

Advertisements

I, too, liked the Lake House. The ones with the mutated children.....not so much. I recently got the first Women's Murder Club book and am anxious to dive in to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 09:35 PM

163 posts, read 390,771 times
I loved the earlier books he did in the Alex cross series. However, I'm not as excited as I used to be when his books came out. I still think he's a great author, but he's loosing me a bit.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:26 AM

5,289 posts, read 1,232,790 times
I like most of his books. Haven't read his YA fiction books yet, but hope to give them a try. I really enjoy the Alex Cross novels (especially since they are set in my beloved DC) and I also highly enjoy the Women's Murder Club (was not a big fan of the tv show). The books are fast paced and fun, but not totally predictable which as a reader I like---not knowing if certain characters are going to survive and what twists he'll take. He and his co-authors do a great job at their craft.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:34 PM

3,131 posts, read 11,644,916 times
I just finished reading the Alex Cross Trial book a couple weeks ago. it was excellent. also, read the non-fiction book "Against medical advice". It is a true story about a boy, Cory Friedman, who faces a terrible battle with turette's syndrome and ocd.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:20 PM

491 posts, read 748,599 times
I have read DoubleCross and the Jester enjoyed them both.

Old 10-31-2009, 09:14 AM

990 posts, read 1,725,749 times
I have read almost all of his books-except I really don't care for the children with wings series, I read 1 or 2 of them..Murder Club and Cross I like and all the others.I read Swimsuit this summer, It was pretty kinky.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:55 AM

64 posts, read 13,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitBullMommie1206 View Post
I am a huge fan of JP! I actually always thought that I hated to read, and then one day, a couple months ago, I randomly decided to read Cross by James Patterson and, to my surprise, I couldn't put it down! Now, in the last couple months, I have read all 15 books in JP's Alex Cross series, all 8 books in JP's Women's Murder Club series, as well as over half of JP's other books. I have really enjoyed the majority of his books that I have read, and some of my favorites would be.. The Alex Cross series, the Women's Murder Club series, and The Beach House, Beach Road, Swimsuit, The Lifeguard, Honeymoon, Judge & Jury, Cradle and All, Step on a Crack, Sam's Letters to Jennifer, Sundays at Tiffany's and Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas. However, there were a few that I didn't like so much. Recently I started to read the Thomas Berryman Number and stopped after only a couple of chapters. Then I did the same thing with The Jester and The Season of the Machete. I keep hearing that The Jester gets better, so when I'm done with the Midnight Club, which I'm about half way done with, I plan to finish the Jester. I also plan to finish The Thomas Berryman Number and The Season of the Machete, but only because I wanted to read all of JP's books.

Anyway, I just wanted to see who on CD is a James Patterson fan, and if you are... What are your favorite JP books? Have you read The Thomas Berryman Number, The Jester and The Season of the Machete? And if so, what did you think of those books? And also, have you read the Maximum Ride/Daniel X books? If so, what do you think?... As I said before I want to read all of JP's books, but the Maximum Ride/Daniel X books don't seem like my type of books. Would your recommend those to someone who is more into the Alex Cross and WMC type books?
I have read most of the Patterson books, except the Daniel X series, started to read the first one and couldn't get into it. I may try again some day. I also feel the same way as you about the Thomas Berryman Number,and Season of the Machete. I love Alex Cross and the WMB,they are fantastic!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Books