Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 09:17 AM

2 posts, read 8,275 times

Advertisements

I am looking at renting a first floor apt in a 3 family home. The apt itself looks really nice but I am concerned with the area. It's on Glendower Rd in Roslindale which is only a few blocks away from Washington and Beech which is the area people keep warning about. I know they are making changes to the projects there. I have a 1 year old and we would be walking to the bus stop occasionally and it looks like the nearest stop would be Washington @ Beech. I am completely new to the area and am looking for advice thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 05:45 PM

15 posts, read 106,199 times
I think Glendower is fine. Roslindale in general is quite safe, and even those projects aren't horrible. If you felt a little weird about that bus stop, you could always walk down Washington a few blocks to the next one.

I've lived here for a few years so feel free to let me know if you have any more questions about the area. I'm very pro-Roslindale!

Old 05-14-2010, 09:58 AM

2 posts, read 8,275 times
Thanks so much! I am looking forward to living there. Just want to make sure I pick the right area in Roslindale for our family.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:32 PM

14 posts, read 70,941 times
I am very much for Roslindale too! I am looking to buy real estate and am strongly considering Roslindale. Best of Luck!

Old 06-12-2010, 08:40 PM

3,970 posts, read 5,762,977 times
There is another bus route at the other end of Glendower Road at Poplar Street (the #50). It doesn't run as frequently as the routes on Washington Street but if you time it right, it might be a good alternative.

Old 06-14-2010, 08:17 AM

84 posts, read 132,058 times
Maybe a little late to the party but, I think the area you speak of is safe and we must remember that we live in a city. Vigilance is key. Enjoy your new home!

Old 06-15-2010, 04:30 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,668,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riah08 View Post
I am looking at renting a first floor apt in a 3 family home. The apt itself looks really nice but I am concerned with the area. It's on Glendower Rd in Roslindale which is only a few blocks away from Washington and Beech which is the area people keep warning about. I know they are making changes to the projects there. I have a 1 year old and we would be walking to the bus stop occasionally and it looks like the nearest stop would be Washington @ Beech. I am completely new to the area and am looking for advice thanks!
How do you define safety?

Old 06-17-2010, 10:12 PM

4,948 posts, read 18,688,068 times
Roslindale for the most part is nice and an OK place! I lived there when young and never felt unsafe.
You will be fine and enjoy!

Old 06-23-2010, 09:58 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,890,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Peasant View Post
There is another bus route at the other end of Glendower Road at Poplar Street (the #50). It doesn't run as frequently as the routes on Washington Street but if you time it right, it might be a good alternative.
Also, the walk is really the same to Cornel/Washington as it is to Beach/Washington, so that's yet another option. The 50 is pretty infrequent, whereas on Washington St., there are so many buses that the schedule almost doesn't matter. I agree with the others that the street is nice and safe, kind of quiet, and you'll have some nice walks available in the surrounding hills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston