Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2010, 07:20 AM

48 posts, read 217,508 times

Advertisements

I have an interview with a staffing agency in this building next week and I was just wondering the easiest way to get there from where I'll be staying- Braintree. I know driving is out of the question, and I know Braintree is on the Red Line, but that's as much as I know. Any suggestions are appreciated, thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 07:28 AM

10,006 posts, read 15,643,440 times
Take the red line to south station, it's a short walk from there.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:05 AM

Oh, well that's simple enough. Thanks CaseyB!

Old 08-11-2010, 10:28 AM

613 posts, read 2,306,520 times
FYI - as a warning, if you're going to use an online map to figure out how to walk there. I just looked at google maps for 125 High St, Boston to see how far it was and it showed me High St. in Charlestown as the first default. Not the High St. you want.

Mapquest defaulted me to the downtown location you want. If you see the Bunker Hill Monument anywhere on the map, it's the wrong part of town!

It's maybe a 10 min walk (probably less), but give yourself some extra time because getting your bearings in that area can be confusing if you don't know it well.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:47 AM

Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiver View Post
FYI - as a warning, if you're going to use an online map to figure out how to walk there. I just looked at google maps for 125 High St, Boston to see how far it was and it showed me High St. in Charlestown as the first default. Not the High St. you want.

Mapquest defaulted me to the downtown location you want. If you see the Bunker Hill Monument anywhere on the map, it's the wrong part of town!

It's maybe a 10 min walk (probably less), but give yourself some extra time because getting your bearings in that area can be confusing if you don't know it well.

Old 08-11-2010, 12:04 PM

2,954 posts, read 12,299,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiver View Post

That's because Google Maps treats everything within Boston city limits as "Boston, MA." This is problematic because so many of the outlying neighborhoods were once separate from Boston, so a lot of the street names repeat. You won't know which of the several "125 High Street, Boston, MA" suggested by Google Maps to choose unless you also know the zip code.

Old 08-11-2010, 05:01 PM

613 posts, read 2,306,520 times
^^ Yep, that explains it. It's definitely a good point for newcomers to keep in mind. Since I know the area, I could tell immediately that I was not looking at the right map, but if someone is new, I could see getting somewhere turning into a nightmare.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:25 AM

639 posts, read 3,526,841 times
When you walk out of the red line "T" station at South Station, just look across the street at all the buildings & browse down until you see the "Boston Fire Department Headquarters" sign along the row of buildings & that's 125 High Street. You'll be looking at the back of the building along Purchase Street. So from the subway "T" stop you walk toward Purchase Street til you see "Pearl Street" (across from the park), you'll see the picture of it below my spiel here. That's when you'll be at the 125 High Street complex. It's the first building on the right hand side of that street on the corner. Just walk up Pearl Street a little ways and you'll see the revolving doors for this building. Good luck! Hey, I used to work in that building for the longest time, it's a great location to work in town, especially for the south shore folks!

This part of the Financial district's zip code is "02110", & any time you mapquest it, just use this zip code.

You can see a picture of what the building looks like here:

125 High Street - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So from South Station when you spot that Boston Fire Headquarters sign, you're looking at the back of 125 High Street along Purchase Street. Just to the left of it is where I'm sending you along "Pearl Street". The front of the building is "High Street, but since you're walking up from South Station, it's easier to enter it from the Pearl Street side, or just walk around to the front along High Street, whatever you prefer.

Last edited by CityGirl52; 08-17-2010 at 05:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston