Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 11:32 PM

43 posts, read 214,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukec View Post
Okay, now even this hardy New Englander is sick of the weather, but I'll deal. The three phases of winter to help transplants get by:

1. December. Enjoy it. Its different. The air is crisp and refreshing. Snow is a unique thrill at first and its fun during the holidays.

2. January. Ignore it. Its gets cold, but just stay busy and don't be a wuss about it.

3. February. Okay it sucks, but you know what? We are just 3 weeks from March. 5 weeks from Saint Patrick's Day. By the time you let it wear you down, just look over the horizon. It wont be long now before the weather starts to turn.

LOL this made me laugh. It's may 23rd and I'm STILL waiting for it to get nice out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 12:27 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,300,458 times
Don't move. I'm in new Orleans now and it's so hot here now it will make you physically sick. The history, culture keep me here...but Boston is my backup city

Old 05-24-2011, 02:04 PM

26 posts, read 57,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataEast Reborn View Post
Jesus Christ, some of these replies are so typical of sheltered, close minded, and abrasive east coasters. Which is typical of people from Boston. Trust me, everyone I've met from that city (11, not a lot but enough) plus the replies in this thread just concretes my belief that you guys are pr1cks. And yes, the weather there sucks. Quit calling people whiners because they prefer the warmth and sunshine. And its not a matter of "putting on a jacket", for a lot of people the winter has a dampening psychological effect known as S.A.D. The lack of sunlight and depressing gray skies for half a year provokes negative changes in the brain. No wonder you guys are such jerks (and proud of it lol wtf) I think that's also one of the reasons you guys are such crazy sports fans, because you have nothing else going for you. Boston brings down the great image of New England.
You sound angry. If you've only ever met 11 people from Boston, I think it's safe to say you've never lived there. There are plenty of nice people in Boston who love the summers and don't mind (and even like) the winters, even if that means the sidewalks are iced up. Anyone who doesn't like the weather could always move. It's not as if anyone is forcing them to live in a climate they don't like.

Old 05-25-2011, 06:29 PM

158 posts, read 545,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesneyfan1 View Post
LOL this made me laugh. It's may 23rd and I'm STILL waiting for it to get nice out!
Boy, you are a prima donna. I cant imagine being so delicate and whiny. What an awful way to go through life. I've enjoyed plenty of nice weather.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:56 AM

5,816 posts, read 15,915,325 times
[quote=chesneyfan1;19285193]
Quote:
Pretty condescending for somehow complaining about rude people.

For starters, just because it snows doesn't mean its winter. October and April are not winter even if we get a freak snow storm. We do get about three real months of winter, stating that we get six it ridiculous.

ummmm, i don't think it's ridiculous at all! we do get six months of winter here! It snows from November to April. There is NO spring (unless u count 6-8 weeks of nonstop rain and rawness as Spring). The only months that are guaranteed to be nice are June- Sept!
June through Sept. the only months guaranteed to be nice? I guess that depends on how you define "nice." (I happen to really enjoy pleasantly cool weather, for example, and even brisk early-spring kind of weather.)

Old 06-01-2011, 02:31 PM

43 posts, read 214,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp8621 View Post
I've lived here my whole life and I totally concur with this statement..
I concur as well! not only does the weather suck, but people are unfriendly, and no one wants to do anything! Oh and the city is really small and rather boring after you've been here for a few years. I'm 30 and even some of my friends who have moved here post college have already left saying they've "seen all they've wanted to see".

Old 06-05-2011, 03:03 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 8 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,920,579 times
Quote:
I concur as well! not only does the weather suck, but people are unfriendly, and no one wants to do anything! Oh and the city is really small and rather boring after you've been here for a few years. I'm 30 and even some of my friends who have moved here post college have already left saying they've "seen all they've wanted to see".
Yikes, that sounds depressing and sadly maybe accurate.

I used to be more of a fan of Boston but lately I just am not feeling it and do not like it nearly as much as I thought I did.

Also, you forgot to mention the skyline of Boston is really plain and sucks.

I still think I like some things about Boston but just not liking Boston nearly as much as I thought.

For American cities I like New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington DC, Los Angeles, San Diego, Denver, Philadelphia, and Honolulu more.

Old 06-05-2011, 04:04 AM

158 posts, read 545,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post

I used to be more of a fan of Boston but lately I just am not feeling it and do not like it nearly as much as I thought I did.

I still think I like some things about Boston but just not liking Boston nearly as much as I thought.

For American cities I like New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington DC, Los Angeles, San Diego, Denver, Philadelphia, and Honolulu more.
Don't you live in Seattle? How can opinions change about a city, when your not even there.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 8 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,920,579 times
Quote:
Don't you live in Seattle? How can opinions change about a city, when your not even there.
I live in both New York City and Seattle at the same time.

My location says: New York City/Seattle!

I have visited Boston before, and know plenty of things about it from what I read about it so I am completely entitled to have my own opinions about it just like anyone else being entitled to their own opinions about a place if they know plenty of things about it from reading about it and visiting it.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post

Old 06-06-2011, 05:40 PM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
"I concur as well! not only does the weather suck, but people are unfriendly, and no one wants to do anything! Oh and the city is really small and rather boring after you've been here for a few years. I'm 30 and even some of my friends who have moved here post college have already left saying they've "seen all they've wanted to see"."

Unfriendly? Well it isn't so much that but it's that many simply want to be left alone. We aren't in the whole "in your face" mentality as in other areas. In terms of being boring well any place can be boring it just depends in terms of what people want to do.

The skyline? Skyline is a mere photo. Most of the time people are inside not outside. If you design buildings I can see judging a skyline.Personally I like art deco but it hasn't been made that way since the 40s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston