Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 01:05 AM

5,816 posts, read 15,914,110 times

Advertisements

Good info, HenryAlan. I rarely need to use busses, so I'm not familiar with most routes, which would explain my lack of familiarity with the public transit ride from Rozzie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2011, 05:57 PM

95 posts, read 269,251 times
Late in the game here, and it is likely that the OP has already found something and decided on it - but as a new Rozzie resident, also a Grad student at BU, I wanted to add that I have been commuting to both BU and Harvard 3x per week for summer courses and have found it to be pretty easy (and not necessarily requiring the commuter rail).

Now, I live in close proximity to Washington Street/Rozzie Square, so that helps. In any case, there are about 5 or 6 buses that all run up Washington to Forest Hills, the best place to catch one is in front of the RMV (near Cummins Highway). I get the bus there, go to Forest Hills (which was vastly overstated in terms of its 'dangerous' character - folks should go to Bed-Stuy in NYC and hang out at a few of those stops), and then hit the Orange line up to Downtown Crossing for either a transfer to the Red or Green depending on where I am going.

Some folks act like I am crazy for 'such a long commute', but it has yet to take me more than 45 minutes to BU and an hour to Harvard (including walking times, and even back when both still had students taking classes). Considering I live in a 900 s/f apt for 1450 a month with absolutely everything included (yes even electricity), that isn't surrounded on all sides by loud undergrads, that allows dogs, that isn't a complete dump - I'll take a long commute any day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston